All Topics / Help Needed! / 4 to 5 story building

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Has anyone on here built a 4 to 5 plus story residential apartment block?

Just wondering what the average price is per sqm?

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Keiko,

Average m2 cost for this type of construction varies according to all sorts of inputs, however, expect to pay between $1,500 and $2,000 per m2 at the lower end.

Because these costs are so significant it's important to get the planning and unit yields right. Look to make the dwellings feel spacious without having too much "superfluous" space. Good planning may also mean an additional unit yield that will help with returns if not costs.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    christianb wrote:
    Keiko,

Average m2 cost for this type of construction varies according to all sorts of inputs, however, expect to pay between $1,500 and $2,000 per m2 at the lower end.

Because these costs are so significant it's important to get the planning and unit yields right. Look to make the dwellings feel spacious without having too much "superfluous" space. Good planning may also mean an additional unit yield that will help with returns if not costs.

Thanks for that
    Just curious what an average single story house would cost per sqm?

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Again, these costs vary a lot from "off the shelf" or volume builders at $1,000/m2 or so, to custom built houses and townhouses at around $1,500/m2, and then more sophisticated buildings in the $2,000 – $5,000 range.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    christianb wrote:
    Again, these costs vary a lot from "off the shelf" or volume builders at $1,000/m2 or so, to custom built houses and townhouses at around $1,500/m2, and then more sophisticated buildings in the $2,000 – $5,000 range.

Thanks, similer figures up here in QLD, My main aim was to check the 4 to 5 story prices to see if they were similer to what I have been quoted which it is ($1,600m2).
    House quotes have also been around $1,000m2 but I have ways of trimming it back to $700m2 and I'm thinking I should be able to trim the $1,600m2 back as well but still keeping the same quality

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.