All Topics / Help Needed! / Building or renovating???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of stephmul25stephmul25
    @stephmul25

HI
    I"m new to this forum and have already found some posts really helpful – so thanks! I'm seeking further advice on the most cost effective way of designing our new home. We only have up to $300,000 to spend (not inclusive of land purchase) and really want a queenslander/colonial style home. It's looking like we've chosen the most expensive type of home to build with only one company I've sought so far saying they could build a small home within this price range (story book cottages). Harkaway homes offers a kit (lock up stage package) for around $100,000, but I really don't know what all the extras would amount to – you've got plumbing, electrics, installations, flooring and site establishments fees etc. Has anyone built like this i.e. owner builder and could advise?

The next question is, if that's too expensive would getting a removal home plonked on your bit of land for up to $100000 then doing it up be cheaper? I'm thinking it would be around the same although you would ideally have your plumbing and wiring sorted at least.

Sorry for the long winded question. I think I really need to go straight to the horses mouth and speak to an independent builder but any personal experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of nevertoolatenevertoolate
    @nevertoolate

There is a company in Qld that does removal homes, I have seen the prices on the Queenslanders, note there are several styles of 'Queenslanders" , and the really nice high set with all round verandah type was 150000.00 'plonked' on site. Drake, I think they were called, you could google it and see what comes up. C

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.