All Topics / Creative Investing / Candy Brothers – Billions of $$$ made selling apartments to Russian Oligarch….NOW even more to Mainland Chinese

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of rob1969rob1969
    Participant
    @rob1969

Over the years i have been reading books on sucessful entrepreneurs and am currently re-reading The Snowball – Warren Bufffet. Not so much for investing in shares but for his insights into being an investor.
    My conclusion is that it is his will to be frugal with money which made him relatively wealthy in his younger years which set him up for enormous wealth in later years.

What has really caught my attention over the years though is the Candy Brothers of London since it relates to real estate which is becoming my passion.

2 brothers who were working full time in office jobs started with a 6000 pound loan from their grandmother to do up a flat in Earls Court, London back in the mid-1990's and then within 5 years of renovating flats James Bond style (apartment stuffed with high tech gadgets), made billions of dollars selling to the Russian Oligarch's who were flocking to London for a safehaven against taxes i presume.

After selling one of their 86 apartments in One Hyde Park for $211,000,000 they could start taking property investing seriously.

Now, it is the cashed up mainland Chinese coming in droves to London handing over hundreds of millions for each of the Candy Brothers apartments.

Of course i prefer to see London retain it's old historical buildings rather than carving the city up with new high rise glass   buildings but can't help but be in awe of what the 2 brothers have accomplished in such a short amount of time.

Is this what they call finding opportunity or what?

Cheers
    Rob

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.