All Topics / Help Needed! / Am I delusional ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ads23sydads23syd
    Participant
    @ads23syd

I'm on a disability support  pension for a case of epilepsy I've had since birth and currently living in community housing, I have never had any loans in the past and dont have credit cards. I dont drive and am single with no children at 30yrs old. Am I delusional to think I may get a loan to get my own home?

Cheers

Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes
    ads23syd wrote:
    I'm on a disability support  pension for a case of epilepsy I've had since birth and currently living in community housing, I have never had any loans in the past and dont have credit cards. I dont drive and am single with no children at 30yrs old. Am I delusional to think I may get a loan to get my own home?

Cheers

If your in the states and you have a FICO score of “0” as in no history, I would say it will probably be a bit challenging. I am not a banker, but I have spent a lot of time talking to various banks about their lending requirements, and to say they have tightened things up, would be a huge understatement.

I would venture a guess though, if you had some CASH to throw at the bank, one of them will do it!

John

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi there

Sorry to hear about the epilepsy.

Not at all you certainly your disability pension income would be considered by a few lenders however issue would be how much you could borrow.

The usual responsible lending criteria would be applied under NCCP if it was a home loan you were looking at so would largely depend on your available deposit and the likely purchase price.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.