All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Investment Check List

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of emz03emz03
    @emz03

Hi Everyone,

I've devised a property investment check list that is great for those starting out. If you want a link to the template you can find it in my latest blog entry – http://mypropertyjourney.com/2011/12/22/creating-a-property-investment-check-list/

Enjoy :)

Emma

Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Nice work.
    I made one up for our hunting, but was a bit too lazy to put it up.
    Ours included things like aircon,stove type etc all those little things that can be forgotten about when visiting 10+ places in 1 day :)

Profile photo of emz03emz03
    @emz03

That's really the next level isn't it? Deciding on what specifics you want in terms of electric vs gas stoves, number of bedrooms, garages etc.

Profile photo of clancy50clancy50
    Participant
    @clancy50

When searching for our property we would walk to the nearest shopping centre, train station etc taking note of the quality and care of properties in the street, cleanliness of shopping centre etc to ensure that it would attract future tenants. We also looked for easy access to  parks, schools and proximity to the CBD. We only did this for the ones that we were really interested in after our initial visit. You can see so much more if you walk around the area before committing to the property.

@emz03

I totally agree clancy, nothing like getting a real feel for a place then visting it yourself. i definitley recommend doing that before purchasing :)

Profile photo of Rainyroo7Rainyroo7
    @rainyroo7

Thanks for the link to your blog. It is interesting reading. Also thanks for the checklist will certainly be a good starting point for my own. Much appreciated for the walk score website also.

Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Finally found the one I use.
    Hope someone finds this useful.
    http://fyels.com.au/wpg
    Link Looks dodgy but its legit :)

Denis

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Many thanks Emma and Denis for your checklists. Tools such as these provide a great starting point for newbies such as myself. I am beginning to feeling a little more confident about what to look for in a property (just need to hone my skills to make sure I purchase for the right price! – any ideas??)

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

@emz03

Flea – the best thing you can do in terms of ensuring you're paying at market or below is to get an idea of what a similiar property would go for in the same area. Doing comparables is fundamental!

@emz03

Denis – your property checklist is quite good for when doing the actual inspection. Do you mind if i put it on my blog list, crediting you of course :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.