Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of reandebrisreandebris
    @reandebris

Hello i'm new here, I'm so glad to be part in your community.

Profile photo of jbrogzjbrogz
    @jbrogz

G'day,

Im new here too, just bought my first property… so looking forward to reading up on all the useful tips etc

Profile photo of avenaavena
    Participant
    @avena

Hi !

I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
    I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
    I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members,
    hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. Nice to meet you..

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Avena

Welcome aboard.

I have no doubt you'll find the forum useful.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of ortonstarusortonstarus
    @ortonstarus

Hello friends…
    I am ortonstarus I am very glad to participate in this community. I always prefer to know some best information about loan. I always want to prefer to share some best knowledge with each other and also getting some best information about banking loan. I am new for join this community to participating some best debate.

Profile photo of charlescrowleycharlescrowley
    Participant
    @charlescrowley

Hello Everyone,

I'm so glad I came across to this forum. It has been helping me in a lot of ways.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

hi reandebris and others,

share your questions and experience and we'll be happy to talk to you

Profile photo of kentotoolekentotoole
    @kentotoole

Howdy everybody. It's just so nice to be part on this great forum.

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Hi reandebris, hey jbrogz,hello avena, g'day orsonstarus, welcome carlescrowley and howdy kentotoole and a big hello to all the other newbies to propertyinvesting.com

It's so nice to meet you all. Continue to share your storeis and ask your questions, and our community will be happy to help you on your property investing journey.

Profile photo of sydey99sydey99
    Participant
    @sydey99

Welcome All……

You all are on the right place to learn form the experts,  Try to read as much as you can from the old treads on this forum to learn new stuff

Profile photo of Julz919Julz919
    @julz919

Hi all! New member myself! :) *wave* Pretty glad i stumbled across this site. Bound to be of use and help.

Currently looking around the eastern suburbs of Sydney for a 1st investment property.

Got a sizable deposit ready. Just need to find the right property (pretty scary as you can imagine being my 1st purchase)

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Hey Julz,

Eastern suburbs of Sydney  have typically more pricey properties but the demand for properties there will be good long term I think. Try and negotiate the price as best as you can!

It's all about taking that first step. Good luck.

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi Julz919,

*Wave back *

Profile photo of SMSF101SMSF101
    @smsf101

Warm greetings to my co-newbies out there… :D

Profile photo of Pat McPat Mc
    Participant
    @pat-mc

Hi All

I am new to this site and keen to start investing and could benefit from some advice/ suggestions from those who have been in a similar position.

Plan is to commence a property portfolio, in forthcoming months. My immediate goal is  to have at least 2 properties bought by Jan 2013. My long term goal is to stop working FIFO in 3-5 years and be a full time property investor.

Facts

$90k  savings

Have no assets or debts

Salary 190k gross

Home loan pre-approved of $1,100,000

Interested in property in the Perth area.

Keen to buy a unit in Perth for $320000 and will put in an offer in 2 weeks. 

Questions.

Anyone recommend a good financial advisor in Perth and a good accountant.

What mortgage would be best, ie interest only, or would it be best to start paying loan even though capital may be needed for next property.

Given salary would it be best to register as a discretionary trust from the start of this IP journey.

Any suggestions, comments greatly appreciated..

Regards

Pat Mc

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Welcome Pat Mc.

Pat Mc wrote:

Questions.

Anyone recommend a good financial advisor in Perth and a good accountant.

I use Shreeve and Carslake in Herdsman Business Park for my accountancy work – they also operate as FP.

Having said that most FPs are not pro-property as little (or none) of their training focusses on direct property investing. I have made all of my own property decisions.

Quote:
    What mortgage would be best, ie interest only, or would it be best to start paying loan even though capital may be needed for next property.

Generally speaking you are best to use interest only loans for your IPs. Adding to this I would also recommend you find yourself a good broker to provide you with the assistance you require. Having your loans structured correctly from day one will be invaluable to you in the long run.

PS Would also add you will get more feedback by asking your questions in the relevant section of the forum.

Profile photo of Pat McPat Mc
    Participant
    @pat-mc

Hi Derek,

Thanks for this info, how do I navigate the page to the relevant section you are talking about?

Regards

Pat

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Pat,

No worries.

The forum homepage is located at https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums

The forum then breaks into various sections in an attempt to keep similar and related topics in the same section.

For example your accountant question would best be served in tax and accounting forum

Forum > Legal and Accounting Section

And your finance question would be best served in the finance section.

Forum > Finance

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hi Pat,

Your income is fantastic but your deposit base is not so much. Depending on your future needs it sounds like you need to be able to park and accumulate funds so you need to consider an Interest Only loan with a linked offset. This way you can start accumulating the principle payments in an offset account that can be accessed in the future as a deposit for further IP purchases. 

Also is your pre approval a system generated approval or is it credit assessed?

The reason I ask (I hope I don't sound rude) is that I am unsure who you have been preapproved with a $1,100,000 loan with a $90,000 deposit. Do you have additional savings?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of davemorisdavemoris
    @davemoris

Hello Everybodeeeeh!

It is so nice to be part in this great forum. I've been checking lots of stuffs since my first day:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.