All Topics / Help Needed! / SMSF, Commerical Property, Own Business, Long-Term Growth

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of ianjackyinvestianjackyinvest
    @ianjackyinvest

So in my case I would like to buy a 42sqm office for 190k and you are suggesting I may be able t secure 70% LVR and use the balance out of my SMSF, plus have my wife’s company rent the office from the Trustee.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes as long as the security is acceptable you should be able to get 70% lvr.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TicTokTicTok
    @tictok
    ianjackyinvest wrote:
    So in my case I would like to buy a 42sqm office for 190k and you are suggesting I may be able t secure 70% LVR and use the balance out of my SMSF, plus have my wife's company rent the office from the Trustee.

Hello. From the research I have done in the last few weeks, you can borrow 65-75% of the purchase price/value. Your problem will be a small number of lenders to choose from given the low value of the loan. Many will only look at loans $500k+, others $250k+. At sub $200 there are only a small handful of lenders writing loans but most will do 65%, some 70% and at least one will do 75% (subject of course to other criteria).

Participant
    @qlds007

Really 75% lvr on a Com security under $250K you learn something new every day of the week.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of TicTokTicTok
    @tictok
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Really 75% lvr on a Com security under $250K you learn something new every day of the week.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

I think Adelaide Bank & Bank of Melbourne have a product up to 75% lvr with a $200k (neg.) minimum.

Participant
    @qlds007

Bank of Melbourne Max lvr for Com is 70%.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Ian,

This may not be prudent. All the trust's assets would be tied up in the one property and there would be no diversification so it could be argued the trustee is not investing responsibilily. So, make sure you get some advice regarding this – it may be possible considering the future contributions expected from members.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.