All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment Courses

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of AdisKayAdisKay
    Participant
    @adiskay

I’m a novice here & willing to learn everything i can, I have time on my side being 22years old. So i wanted to see if anyone has done any investment courses ? And i wonder why all real estate agents aren’t investors. Goes hand-in-hand.

Profile photo of quickchickquickchick
    @quickchick

You have a good head on your shoulders for a young guy! (or girl) Better to learn by doing a course, than learn by making much more expensive mistakes!
    The first question is, are you prepared to pay for a course?
    (I presume, yes)
    Much better to pay for a course with good education, than get 'free' education which is actually just a sales promo for something a developer wants to sell.

I highly recommend anything Steve McKnight does (see this website!)
    His input has been such a help to us!

We have done the Results mentoring programme, which I also highly recommend. Includes 4 all-day get-togethers in the year 
    when you meet other investors and see what some people have done, plus have lots of opportunities to learn. You also work thru a manual over a year, and have the opportunity to talk to your personal coach who is an investor his/herself. 

Profile photo of munmun5munmun5
    Participant
    @munmun5

Adiskay. I’m 25 and in a similar situation as you. I have just started the cert 4 property investment course ( done at home) designed by Steve. So far it is great I am about 18/66 sections into it although I haven’t done any of the assignments yet. At this stage I would encourage you to get into this as I think it gives you a great basis to see if property is for you.
    Good luck!

Profile photo of AdisKayAdisKay
    Participant
    @adiskay
    munmun5 wrote:
    Adiskay. I’m 25 and in a similar situation as you. I have just started the cert 4 property investment course ( done at home) designed by Steve. So far it is great I am about 18/66 sections into it although I haven’t done any of the assignments yet. At this stage I would encourage you to get into this as I think it gives you a great basis to see if property is for you.
    Good luck!

Where can i get hold of this product?

@quickchick

Go to the top of the page, click on "contact us" and ask.

Participant
    @adiskay
    quickchick wrote:
    Go to the top of the page, click on "contact us" and ask.

DONE :) Thx for the input guys!

Participant
    @adiskay

quickchick, this Results mentoring programme, sounds like something i need but would it be suitable for someone like me, With very little knowledge at the moment?

Profile photo of munmun5munmun5
    Participant
    @munmun5

If you have not done any further education eg uni tafe etc you will probably be eligible for the whole course to be funded. I am currently looking at this as I may fall through a loophole as i have a uni degree from NZ but never studied here.

@quickchick

The Results course is not Steve's course, and is not covered by any government subsidies (I'm pretty sure.)
    Its a great way to build up your knowledge.
    If you have enough of a deposit to act on the knowledge you gather, (ie buy a property) it would be a great idea.

If you don't have any equity or a deposit for investing, maybe start saving in earnest first.

Participant
    @adiskay
    quickchick wrote:
    The Results course is not Steve's course, and is not covered by any government subsidies (I'm pretty sure.)
    Its a great way to build up your knowledge.
    If you have enough of a deposit to act on the knowledge you gather, (ie buy a property) it would be a great idea.

If you don't have any equity or a deposit for investing, maybe start saving in earnest first.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    AdisKay wrote:
    I'm a novice here & willing to learn everything i can, I have time on my side being 22years old. So i wanted to see if anyone has done any investment courses ? And i wonder why all real estate agents aren't investors. Goes hand-in-hand.

You might think so but the reality is that most agent's aren't investors and a lot can't even think like one. Sales is all about marketing, however it should be one of the greatest ways to learn a golden skill (sales) and property investing at the same time for someone with the right mindset and perspective. Being a young investor is great, get out there and make lots of mistakes (small ones preferably but they can all be good) and learn! Never heard anyone say 'I wish I started investing later' :)

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

There is a huge difference between Real Estate agents and Investing. Also marketing companies are just there to sell you something. What you should also look for is experience. Deal with someone who will help you make money not just spend it there is a huge difference

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of burpieburpie
    Participant
    @burpie

Adiskay,

I think it's like people who invest in shares as a profession don't own shares of their own. And accounts are, from what I hear, terrible with their own money.

Personally, I have read a number of Margaret Lomas' books which I find to be sensible advice.

Good luck with your investing journey!

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Hi everyone

I'm jumping into this forum as I too am a new investor (have 1 IP that I fell into) and now have the bug!! Similar to many other new investors, I am doing plenty of reading (trying to establish a criteria for 'that' property), although I still don't feel any closer to making the move.

My partner and I have an IP loan pre-approved (although cross-collatorised with our other IP and PPOR) so we are ready to make the move once I feel confident enough with my decision.

Reading the ever insightful comments on these forums (thanks everyone!), I am looking at the investor courses of RESULTS (http://www.resultsmentoring.com/) and Cert IV (http://www.propertyinvestortraining.com.au/course). I have to convince myself and my partner to separate with our hard earned cash for these courses.

I would be interested in people's comments about these courses.  I like the results course as it has mentoring and I'm a person who likes to ask plenty of questions (preferably face to face) and have interaction as I learn but the price of $6,000 (early bird price for the course starting in July) is a little daunting and the website seems more of an advertisement rather than an information page.

I live at Canberra and have to investigate the results course further to confirm if I would be able to get maximum benefit from mentoring and interactive side of the course not being in one of the larger capitals.

Steve's Cert IV course also appears very comprehensive. The only downside being that it is online with no apparent interaction with other investors/trainers to confirm if what I am learning and implementing is correct. I assume you can start this course at any time?

Many thanks for your comments and for a very informative forum!

Chris 

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Participant
    @adiskay

I’m ready to start the Cert IV course as soon as the paperwork arrives. It being an online is perfect for me though as i have little time to attend a class with work 40hrs of work & 10+ hours of training each week. So thats great im excited to start with. Lucky i mentioned real estate agents as i did consider starting a tafe course next year in that area but i wont be. I think two great investment for me NOW would be the Cert IV and the other one i seen round here on renovations.. the full guide with books & DVD’s. that would be some awesome knowledge to have.. should stop one from overspending on uselessness :P

Thanks for the comments guys, Didn’t expect forums to be this useful lol. Awesome :D

Merry Xmas

Profile photo of ShellTShellT
    Participant
    @shellt
    Flea2575 wrote:

Steve's Cert IV course also appears very comprehensive. The only downside being that it is online with no apparent interaction with other investors/trainers to confirm if what I am learning and implementing is correct. I assume you can start this course at any time?

Many thanks for your comments and for a very informative forum!

Chris 

Chris

I am doing the Cert IV and so far I am very satisfied.  The reading material is very comprehensive, but clear and easy to digest.  There is also a weekly webinar where Steve discusses 1 topic per week.  He will do this for all 66 units.  There is also this website http://www.propertyinvestortraining.com.au/ .  It has forums that anyone can read, but only those participating in the Cert IV can post to.  It is a tool for us all to discuss our learning and interact with others with similar goals.

If you want to know more I am happy to answer questions. 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.