All Topics / General Property / Whats going on in Gladstone ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AmnesiaAmnesia
    Participant
    @amnesia

What’s going on in Gladdy, the jewel in the crown for growth and value?

Real estate and a buyers agent are telling me following my settlement last week that the market has moved backwards, with both asking rentals and asking prices being dramatically reduced to get a deal done. What great timing for a purchase….

Is it a Christmas blip or signs of a bump coming?

Anybody got any info??

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Amnesia,

xmas and its lead up, is historically a slow period in the realestate market, my guess is the average person puts off buying big items cars houses ect, becaused everyone knows its an expensive time of year, there is the odd exception I know the Sydney property market is still busy due to first home owners losing there stamp duty excemption 1/1/12 in NSW, I sold an inner city apartment of mine last week 20K above asking price as there was a lot of interest in it

Profile photo of AmnesiaAmnesia
    Participant
    @amnesia

Thanks for your comments. Probably a good time to be making a purchase.  I'll remember for next year!  Sydney sounds good, but Queensland also has the benefit of their governments $10k Building Boost Grant available to buy or build a new home to 31 January 2012.  I dont know if this market has been affected as our rental investment a few years old.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

heres some recent Gladstone property data and trends. It might help you figure it out:

http://www.rs.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sp&s=nsw&u=gladstone

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton
    mattsta wrote:
    heres some recent Gladstone property data and trends. It might help you figure it out:

http://www.rs.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sp&s=nsw&u=gladstone

That link is actually to Gladstone NSW, not QLD.

Also be wary of realestate.com.au data as its accuracy is far from reality.

Gladstone has a fluctuating workforce…read my blog below and you may get some insight to the potential future Gladstone property Market.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.