All Topics / Help Needed! / Tenant Application Form / Screening Tenant / Tenancy Database / Pets & so on!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of gibboaugibboau
    @gibboau

I am looking for many different responses to these questions, even confirm you agree / disagree with someone else.

Is anyone willing to share their application form they give to prospective tenants?

Does anyone know how to check the tenancy database without going through a real estate?

Does anyone have any unusual tips / tricks when screening new tenants?

When accepting pets (dogs) what in particular do you request?

If a tenant wishes to pay fortnighly how much in advance should you request?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    gibboau wrote:

Does anyone know how to check the tenancy database without going through a real estate?

TICA will allow you to pay for a subscription that allows a certain amount of inquiries p.a. I think you can also pay for a one off inquiry.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

For a tenant application form, go to the forms section on apmasphere.com.au

Profile photo of gibboaugibboau
    @gibboau

Just thought I would add to this, today I received a text message from a company that advertises on realestate.com.au on your behalf (I receive the text because of an ad I placed in the local paper), http://www.investormentor.com.au $79.95 for 3 weeks, I am unsure how good it is, it surley does sound good, but with this and TICA as Jamie M said above why do you want a real estate to find a tenant for you other an you are to far away from the property???

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

A good property manager will be diligent in sourcing a decent tenant. They will also keep on top of regular inspections and rent increases. They will also look after any maintenance issues that arise.

Some people prefer to use a PM for these reasons. Personally, for the properties I have within my local area, I prefer to self manage. There's a website in Canberra that's used for all rental listings. We pay a one off fee and advertise on that website – from there, we hold one or two open inspections. After the inspection, we do background checks on applicants and offer the property to the most suitable.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of gibboaugibboau
    @gibboau

Thanks to all. Very handy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.