All Topics / Help Needed! / National bank has no idea what’s going on in Moranbah

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Obviously cannot comment as we dont have any real data whatsoever however considering you mention you have been to NAB / CBA private lending etc etc it could be something simple as a Credit score problem.

All lenders change credit policy as they go so as has been mentioned NAB are not alone.

Under NCCP pension income is considered the same as any other income so this would not be the reason the loan has been declined.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of abcd1abcd1
    Participant
    @abcd1
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Obviously cannot comment as we dont have any real data whatsoever however considering you mention you have been to NAB / CBA private lending etc etc it could be something simple as a Credit score problem.

All lenders change credit policy as they go so as has been mentioned NAB are not alone.

Under NCCP pension income is considered the same as any other income so this would not be the reason the loan has been declined.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

This is the reason the NAB did a backflip and told us this is the reason:

“Lending manager in the Sydney office has done some research and seems to think that, there will be thousands of houses to be built in a town that is land locked.”

Reason from local broker: pension income won’t touch us

Reason from: CBA do not count Pension Income

Our credit score is excellent we have just ou PPOR which we owe 130k on worth aprrox $347000 though NAB also seem to think this is only worth 285k which we also disagree with as it would costs approx $347000+ in todays terms.

We also have a 14k unsecured loan which was for our car

I think it’s my Wifes carer’s pension they are not counting as myself and my daughter are both on DSP

anyway doesn’t matter markets finally starting to move after years where we are so will get out our money and reacess

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry couple of things to clarify and correct:

1) You would not now what your Credit score as this an internal bank score and not available to the client. NAB operate an auto approval system and only where the application does not pass is the application referred to Credit.

2) CBA do take disability pension income as does every other lender. Whether the living expense criteria meant the deal didnt get over the line is different.

3) If you disagreed with the NAB valuation you are certainly entitled to obtain your own panel valuation and the Bank will accept this.

Other than this the rest is conjecture.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @abcd1

CBA used to count disability income they do not anymore I have done a dozen deals with CBA they changed there terms at the start of this year and will not lend to anyone on pension income and lost a lot of customers we were one of them.

Not sure about the credit score and NAB obviously take pension income we talked to cba and moved to NAB becuase according to CBA they no longer lend to disability pensioners, and told us to pretty much get a job or we don’t want to know you if I could get a job I bloody would they don’t give out DSP to just anyone as people seem to think.

I have another valuation which shows 302k however the main sticking point was the lender is worried they we won’t be able to re lease the property in 2 years time,302k was done back in July and there 285k val was done n June, for another property we looked at.

I would hazard a guess this was there excuse so they didn’t have to lend to pensioners and even when all banks supposedly lent to pensioners “ANZ never did”

You loose I think it was around 30k of your lending capacity because your on a pension exact same income in paid employment and you can get 30k more now if you think about it logically which one is more secure the person that has been in a job for 3months has to drive to work everyday and workers smoke drink etc the same if not more then pensioners “I do neither so that’s another myth”.

That can be sacked tomorrow or the person who is trying to raise a family knows how to budget as they have gone from being employed to disabled so you learn to budget quick smart.

or the young bloke that has no kids that has been employed for at least 3months and really doesn’t have the I have to pay my bills or go back to mum and dads when your 30+ with a wife and kids this isn’t an option, not to mention you can be sacked Tommorrow

after purchasing the property we were going to purchase for the cost of 699k that comes with a 2 year lease to a company

our income would be at least $104000 our equity even taking the low end value at 285k is 228k although I would love to know who they think can build a 190square meter home with all the upgrades for this on a block that cost a minimum of 135k,
    for under 300k.

anyway enough venting I’ll post here in 6months once we have got rid of this dog property and moved forward I was really hoping to be able to do something on dsp and write a book on this as there is no information as how to invest if your disabled plenty if your on single parents etc but most of these lead to one thing get a job first this isn’t a option so we will use our cash to buy an income some how or do a flip or 2 with cash.

Profile photo of House CallHouse Call
    @house-call
    abcd1 wrote:
    Hi, we have had the pleasure of dealing with the national bank in regards to buying a property in Moranbah apparently there lending manager in the Sydney office has done some research and seems to think that, there will be thousands of houses to be built in a town that is land locked. We were apparently preapproved for a home there through them then they did a backflip because there lending manager researched within 24hours that it is now to high risk because of the thousands of houses being built don't know where they intend to put them. there awesome research did not show the landlocked or the fact the house we were purchasing is able to put on a second dwelling to increase the rental income and equity further. They also did not believe the rent would be 2k+ through a company had to tell them a dozen times lol they also are counting the rent at only $1000 a week because of the( Mining Tax) I know it's carbon tax lending manager called it mining tax, "what a good researcher". will mean less pay for the miners so they can't afford the rent and the lease can't be guaranteed for another 2 years NAB Sydney research properly before spouting figures and so called facts and one side of the story when you clearly have no idea what's going on in Moranbah thanks for listening

I have an IP in Moranbah using NAB and found that local NAB was a million times better that brokers or far-away NAB offices. 

I'd suggest contacting Nick Palmer-Fields at Mackay NAB on 07 (4)9 444126 .  He was excellent.  Also NAB no longer has local people in Moranbah so they have 3 valuers that they use as below.

Herron Todd White  ph 07 4957 7348
    JD Dodds         Ph 074957 2821 or

John Logan        Ph 074951 0711.

However I would check with Nick that this list is still valid as the banks sometimes change accepted valuers.  If you want more information PM me and I can tell you more.

Participant
    @qlds007

This will be my last response to this post as it is going nowhere

1. Sorry CBA do still take Pension income into consideration. You might check their website to confirm this.

Also as i have mentioned previously under NCCP there is no difference in the amount you can service based on PAYG income or disability income and anyone who tells you to the contrary has no idea of legislation and responsible lending requirements.

2. Nick at NAB Mackay might be a nice chap but he has no authority to approve a deal. Mackay approvals are normally done here in Brisbane and he would have no sway over a deal than any other NAB manager or Broker. NAB with effect from this week have integrated Valex into their valuation system so valuers are allocated randomly. You can still use a panel valuer and cover the cost yourself.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @abcd1
    Qlds007 wrote:
    This will be my last response to this post as it is going nowhere

1. Sorry CBA do still take Pension income into consideration. You might check their website to confirm this.

Also as i have mentioned previously under NCCP there is no difference in the amount you can service based on PAYG income or disability income and anyone who tells you to the contrary has no idea of legislation and responsible lending requirements.

2. Nick at NAB Mackay might be a nice chap but he has no authority to approve a deal. Mackay approvals are normally done here in Brisbane and he would have no sway over a deal than any other NAB manager or Broker. NAB with effect from this week have integrated Valex into their valuation system so valuers are allocated randomly. You can still use a panel valuer and cover the cost yourself.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

CBA count certain parts of pension income only and bought in reforms I know Becuase I had 130k with them and after reforms our capacity went from $150,000 to $80,000. this year…

They certainly wouldn’t lend on the type of property in Moranbah, we tried.

ANZ do 5% lend in Moranbah NAB look will do 20% and we were talking to Sydney as suggested in my first post.

ANZ have never since we were on DSP since 2002 ever lent to anyone on DSP for home loans CBA however were one of the only banks that would touch us back then.

Participant
    @qlds007

Again to correct

1. Anz will only do 95% lvr for existing customers who have had a retail lending product with the Bank for more than 6 months. (as per page 63 of the Anz Operations Lending Manual).

2. Anz will use 100% of family payment, parenting allowance and sole parent pension including disability support pension and disability wage supplement etc etc (as per page 51 of the Anz Operations Lending Manual).

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @abcd1
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Again to correct

1. Anz will only do 95% lvr for existing customers who have had a retail lending product with the Bank for more than 6 months. (as per page 63 of the Anz Operations Lending Manual).

2. Anz will use 100% of family payment, parenting allowance and sole parent pension including disability support pension and disability wage supplement etc etc (as per page 51 of the Anz Operations Lending Manual).

Cheers

Yours in Finance

I see carers allowance does not say it is counted which is the major portion of our income atm, I have talked to ANZ lending managers several times and there response as soon as you mention DSP and carers is NO, maybe they need to read there manual becuase I have been told the same thing by lenders in Rockhampton Brisbane and other areas.

do you actually have any pensioners that use your services or are you just saying from thoery in that case we have been told we can lend up to 4mill in blue chip suburbs…

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell

I would get in touch with the council or use a different bank

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

It sounds like the ULDA are going to screw up the Moranbah housing market as well with a huge amount of land set aside for under-market housing as they have just done in Gladstone and Rockhampton. This is probably what your bank is concerned about.

http://www.ulda.qld.gov.au/_dbase_upl/MoranbahDevScheme.pdf

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton
    mattnz wrote:
    It sounds like the ULDA are going to screw up the Moranbah housing market as well with a huge amount of land set aside for under-market housing as they have just done in Gladstone and Rockhampton. This is probably what your bank is concerned about.

http://www.ulda.qld.gov.au/_dbase_upl/MoranbahDevScheme.pdf

Hi Matt,

it is the responsibilty of the ULDA to uphold current markets and improve them. The land they are talking about will be released gradually with different projects over the coming years. Moranbah has the demand to double its population in three years. This will require some serious development to occur and it still would not impact the housing market, only sustain the towns development.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.