All Topics / Help Needed! / new to investing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DamienHamlynDamienHamlyn
    @damienhamlyn

hey guys im new to this website and am after i abit of help and some opinions.. any would be much appreciated.

my partner and i are interested in purchasing an investment property sometime in the next year, we are looking at starting with a mentor.
    we have been to a custodian wealth builders seminar and are going back for a free follow up interview next week, we also have a positive real estate seminar and and a momentum wealth interview and are thinking about registering for the RESULTS 2012 mentoring program. 

just wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these guys and are wondering what you think.

our plan is to invest in capital growth and positive cash flow properties (not sure which first) and are living in perth.

thanks guys

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Steven you have hijacked Damien's thread. I have asked for it to be removed.
    If you have a question start your own thread.

Now Damien- Be VERY careful with these companies. Often they have properties to sell you. The problem therin lies do they sell you the best possible property because it is in YOUR best interest or their own. I personally am dubious believing those who have something to gain by me buying something from them. Often their so called "cash flow" properties are only so because of depreciation. So after a few years when the depreciation diminishes is the property still a good investement?

Try to find some meetup groups in Perth and do some research before paying out big dollars. What is your long term goal? That and your current postion will dictate what you need to buy first.

Lots to learn. Don't be too quick to part with your cash.

Profile photo of RyanJDRyanJD
    @ryanjd

Hi Damien,

I would recommend starting all your research about property investment in forums and other websites before you start anywhere else. They are free, have no strings attached and you can learn at your own pace!

These forums have pretty much everything you need to know and if not ask a question, lots of people here can provide great advice. I learnt nearly everything i know in the past 6 months from this forum by going through hundreds of threads.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.