All Topics / Opinionated! / Busting To Invest

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of dark stardark star
    Participant
    @dark-star

Thanks for your comments :)

I will be selling some personal assets to pay down the debts ASAP. I have reduced my living costs by boarding with parents until I can get a few properties under my belt. Free food, laundry, bills paid and even an allowance (lol) is what I need to get back on my feet!

I’ve taken a big lifestyle hit by making these decisions, however nothing ventured, nothing gained and I want to be able to provide a better future for my daughter. I am extremely skeptical of Mr Market and his stocks and I’ve always wanted to be a property entrepreneur. For those PIs out there – I’m sure you get kicks out of driving past your properties knowing that you own that piece of realestate and someone is doing your the favor of paying it off for you! :)

Are there any property investor clubs or coffee meetups for like minded people in Melbourne?

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

hey dark star,

yeah i'd suggest to pay off the personal debt loan first – as the interest rates on those can lose you lots of money.

Good ambitions though keep it up.

I'm not sure of investor clubs in Melbourne, but just watch out for "clubs" that claim to be in your interest but that will want to sell you or scam you.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    dark star wrote:
    Hey Guys, Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'll post here :) I'm in my late 20s and have saved 30k of hard earned cash, with a current personal loan debt of 30k, which will be cleared by the end of 2012. My goal is to have zero personal debt (bikes, store cards, overdraft) and 50k in savings ready to invest. I have a stable income at an office job and will be running various online ventures to have multiple streams of income returning 25+ net % cash on cash. I love property and I love the idea of property investing. I want to make high returns in the market and squirrel the money into positive cash flow property or property for cap gains. My biggest issue is where do I start? What suburbs should I be looking at ? I would prefer to invest in VIC first as I live in Melbourne. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Great work. Starting from zero should never be scary in this country if you are under a certain well advanced age, and 20's certainly qualifies as young in my books :)

Also the fact that you are actually starting is huge, many don't. Good luck with your journey!

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Dark Star,

I suggest you look intro Mildura for your first investment property. You can find cheap homes that are yielding around 7%. Rental market is very tight and there are a lot of positives happening for the area. I bought my 1st one there and have done well so far. I own 2 there so far. I think Melbourne is a 5 hour drive from Mildura. Anyway was just an idea to get started.

Regards,
    Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.