All Topics / Help Needed! / Help Needed Indooroopilly QLD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Howdy

Finally buying our first unit and need some assistance from Property solicitor/Valuator.
    The Unit is located in Indooroopilly QLD, any reccomendations?
    Is it worth doing a body corp check? I assume this is requested of the solicitor?
    Is it worth doing an independant valuation, rp data Automated report had a high and low estimated figure of the property and we're purchasing for 20K under the low figure( rpdata- 455-390 sale price 370)
    Thanks, any advice greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Denis

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I would never buy a Unit without doing  a search on the BC records.

Who knows what forthcoming expenditure you might be up for.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

As Richard suggests a search of the body corporate records is a good idea, should be around the $165 level. RP data autovals are very good for computer estimates until they aren't when they can be very flaky, so please do your research carefully and don't rely just on that figure.

Participant
    @andrew_a
    zimby wrote:
    Howdy

Finally buying our first unit and need some assistance from Property solicitor/Valuator.
    The Unit is located in Indooroopilly QLD, any reccomendations?
    Is it worth doing a body corp check? I assume this is requested of the solicitor?
    Is it worth doing an independant valuation, rp data Automated report had a high and low estimated figure of the property and we're purchasing for 20K under the low figure( rpdata- 455-390 sale price 370)
    Thanks, any advice greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Denis

Just on the subject of autovals it's impressive how much they can vary, I glance at a few including RPdata, APM, Price Finder, generally something that is more of a commodity such as a unit in a suburb with a lot of similar units should be easier to price and have a lower standard deviation but really these figures shouldn't be used for any serious decisions.

Have a look at how the unit compares based on size, yield based on true current market rent, comparable sales first of all, also take into account condition, number of units in building, cost of B/C yearly; would be a few starting points.

Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

HI Allen

Thanks Heaps for your reply.
    I've always wondered, you must get " Can you find me a CF+ property" alot.
    I'd also be interested to know the answer to this :)

Cheers

Denis

Participant
    @andrew_a
    zimby wrote:
    HI Allen

Thanks Heaps for your reply.
    I've always wondered, you must get " Can you find me a CF+ property" alot.
    I'd also be interested to know the answer to this :)

Cheers

Denis

Yes I get that question a lot :)

Finding a +ve cashflow property is no problem, you just need a large enough deposit and you can find them anywhere! Otherwise it's more useful to talk in terms of yield figures. With capital cities and Brisbane you will find that +ve cashflow is generated more than found, buy a run down opportunity at the right place and add enough value and you can do impressive things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.