All Topics / Help Needed! / Northern NSW – Cabarita, Pottsville

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi,

Any opinions on investing in areas of Pottsville and Cabarita Northern NSW?. Close to shops, schools, beaches and 2 Airports (Gold Coast and Ballina). For the same price range, I’m thinking if it’s a better investment than the western suburbs of NSW – reliable as these areas are for strong yield/return (Blacktown, Penrith etc), going north seems more potential to attract higher-class of living, capital gain and not to mention the beauty of the area both rural and coastline.

Thanks!

Profile photo of camjanicecamjanice
    Participant
    @camjanice

I stayed at Pottsville recently and I noticed that there was a huge number of houses both for sale and also for rent.  I checked the back of API magazine and noticed that the growth in these areas has been ave 3% over the last 5 years which is low.  There is been negative growth over the last quarter. .  Rental yields are pretty poor too.   Perhaps there is an oversupply like its Norhern neighbour, the Gold Coast.  I think there are a lot better places to invest.  

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thank you camjanice

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales

Hi QM,

I grew up and live close by to these area's so feel that I know them pretty well. Certainly new estates have sprung up over the years but the reality is they are just small coastal villages and really lack any critical infrastructure. Basically the area has no reliable public transport, quite a distance from major shopping centre's or employment drivers. Presently plenty of properties on the market. Both places did fare quite well a few years back when a major road bypass was being built and the workers rented most available properties at good rental rates but that dipped back again once the project was complete. The closest police station is at Kingscliff and Pottsville suffers from some crime from unemployed youth.
    Nice place to holiday but I would keep my investment dollars away. If you really like the Tweed Shire area then further inland is a town called Murwillumbah…..this has much better prospects you should research more.

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thank you for your feedback Speedy G! Back to the drawing board and my thoughts (for investing) are now turning towards Orange and Muswellbrook. Heard a lot about them…will investigate further.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.