All Topics / Value Adding / Relocating homes in Victoria

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of ekghmgekghmg
    @ekghmg

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anybody would have a company they would recommend for relocating a home from the southern suburbs of Victoria to somewhere like the Latrobe valley. Also in your experience is there any ‘turn key’ providers that would project manage the whole thing to a point of having the relocated home ready for tenants?

I have a house that I would like to have assessed to see if it is worthwhile relocating and was considering buying something to put the house on.

The alternative is demolition as we are presently going through the motions of a redevelopment of the site.

Thanks,

Eamon

Profile photo of JD86JD86
    @jd86

my boss is currently in the process of moving an old victorian house from moonee ponds to indented heads

i will find out the companies names who is doing the move. they have prepared the house for transportation, slid semi’s under the two halves of the house, and they leave monday morning at 3am. i can get the company details for you if you like. my boss has been very happy with them so far.

Profile photo of ekghmgekghmg
    @ekghmg

Thanks, can you also find out how much additional work he has to perform once it is there (ie what the company is not doing)

Thanks – Eamon

Profile photo of JD86JD86
    @jd86

ill get the name for you tomorrow, i know the guy is from around bendigo way

the transporters prepared the house to be removed, got the permit to remove the house, arranged everything with vic roads for the move, and then sat the house on stumps

my boss had to do everything else; get a building permit, arrange plumbing etc, patch cracks in plaster from the move re-tie the roof etc.

Profile photo of TeresamTeresam
    @teresam

My husband and I relocated a house in Warragul 3 years ago. We used Fowlers Transport located in Trafalgar. They did a wonderful job. The house was a 1910 weatherboard cottage with 11 ft ceilings. These houses were made to last. I was able to source fitout material such as a kitchen, bathroom fittings, lights etc on Ebay at a very cheap cost. I believe in reducing our use of resources by recycling. If you would like further details go to my website for contact details.

Teresa Mitchell
    La Concierge – incorporating Your Business Matters and JobLink
    http://www.laconcierge.com.au

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

there is a company in Kyneton (can't think of their name) that I have heard good reports from

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.