All Topics / General Property / Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

The rich will always get richer, nothing will change there. It shows that people that have posted above live in detached houses over apartments,
    I would be thinking that the majority of the people that are growing up today will live in a house and they will continue to do so but maybe as the years go by, more people will move into apartments and have there family etc and then as there kids grow up they will want to live in apartments as well as that is what they know, but I can't see that happening for atleast 20 years even 30 or 40 years.
    I'm thinking houses will over ride apartments for a very long time

Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

I disagree with your statement about the "rich will always get richer and nothing will change there" I know many people who have become rich because of hard work and doing the appropriate research. Some rich people who have inherited the money, do not have the education or the knowlege to optimise their returns.

Sure times are tough but if you limite yourself than that is your limitation. I have two jobs and doing two degress with two different univeritys in law but do I cry out poor? Of course it means alot of personal scarifice and time, but I think impossibility is something which one places on themselves.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword
    sharve01 wrote:
    Potentially the people who answered this question are above average wealth…

Not in my case.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Jins13 wrote:
    I disagree with your statement about the "rich will always get richer and nothing will change there" I know many people who have become rich because of hard work and doing the appropriate research. Some rich people who have inherited the money, do not have the education or the knowlege to optimise their returns.

Sure times are tough but if you limite yourself than that is your limitation. I have two jobs and doing two degress with two different univeritys in law but do I cry out poor? Of course it means alot of personal scarifice and time, but I think impossibility is something which one places on themselves.

My post was actually in reply to sharve01
    And I'm not actually talking about particular people, I'm just using the saying, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and this saying will always be around.
    The way I look at it is the poor look at the rich and think they just keep getting richer, and in some cases this is true but in other cases the rich man may end up poor.

I also know a few people that have become rich (or wealthy/well off) from putting in the hard work and I'm one of them and I also know a few people that have had a helping hand from family and some just don't understand how a lot of things work as they have not experienced being poor and they have just had hand outs from there parents all there life and most wouldn't even know how to turn one dollar into another if you started them from scratch.
    Times are sometimes only tough if you make them tough poor or rich

Profile photo of sharve01sharve01
    @sharve01

Hi Jins13,
    I take your point and I think I sort of agree. However, I think a smaller % of people have the drive and persistence to achieve wealth via sacrificing some things today. Those that choose to will become wealthy. However I think this will be offset by the number of born wealthy who squander their wealth as well as those in the middle who don’t have the drive/tools and hence become poorer.
    My view, and if it is different to yours that’s fine, is that a smaller % of people are owning more assets and a larger % of people are slipping from middle class to renting class. I know these terms aren’t great but the point I am trying to make is that the number of renters will grow and these renters will be driven by location & price. The trade-off they will make is you can get closer to city/work/entertainment if you forgo your desired choice of accommodation.
    Added to this I think more and more people desire to have more security in their accommodation in the future (eg single parents, retirees, females, etc).
    This all leads me to believe more renters will be “choosing” to live in Townhouses, apartments etc in the future.
    I am not a demographer, psychologist or real estate guru and these are just my views. More than happy for alternative views.
    Cheers,

Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

Thats the beauty about this forum and unlike other forums which I have noticed, people are alot more diplomatic!!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.