All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying a land – Zero line issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi, I found a land over the week that I am planning to buy. But I think there is a problem.
    Please see the diagram below.

1. Lot 1 and Lot 4 were sold and built.
    2. Lot 1 used the right side as 0 line wall.
    3. Lot 4 used the left side as 0 line wall.
    4. Lot 2 & 3 are vacant land.
    5. Each Land size 30 x 10

I am planning to buy Lot 3. My only option is to build using left side as 0 line wall. If someone starts building before me on Lot 2 using the right side as 0 line wall then I can't build at all because the land size will be too narrow.

The real estate agent is advertising it as a land and house package. But he told me that I need to buy the land first then I need to find a builder to build. Should I go ahead with this? or what kind of clauses I can use to protect myself when buying the land to avoid this situation?

Please help…

|Lot 1       |Lot 2       |Lot 3       |Lot 4       |

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Zero lot line generally allows you to build right up to your boundaries either one or both. You cannot expect that your neighbour grant you rights to access their property. Why would construction on right side of lot 2 with lot 4 sitting on boundary stop you building? You have a blank wall either side of you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.