All Topics / Help Needed! / Thoughts on agents actions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Here's the deal:

We found a place we really liked as a PPOR that was listed on Friday. We had it inspected today (Saturday) and put in an offer. The property was listed as offers over 295k so we put in 300k seeing as we really liked it and wanted to secure it. The agent rang back at 5pm saying the offer was not accepted and the vendor was after something closer to 320k…nearly 10% higher than the listed price! I find it a bit odd that he has listed it 10% lower than what the vendor is asking for. I can see that he wants to get a few more offers in before deciding but I still find it dodgey…plus I don't even think it would be worth that much!

If we did offer 320k and the valuation came in at say 310k, surely I have some sort right to pay the lesser of the two?

Any ideas on how to approach this without getting losing the property to someone else? I've asked about what sort of terms are they interested and he politely told me they are more interested in price. I can push for longer settlement but we are getting desperate to find a place with baby on the way!

Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.