All Topics / Value Adding / Developing in the City of Vincent – WA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hi property developers,

early days doing due diligence on a site in Leederville, WA. Its 914 sqm and zoned R60. So is it correct with R60 that a minimum lot size of 167m2 is correct? 914m2 would allow 5 x 167m2 plus an 80m2 driveway…

Just wondering a few things, if you can help with any of the below, please reply!

1) I can't seem to find online the table with Rcodes and explaining the minimum lot size, average lot size and common area or driveway size for multiple dwellings. If you can provide a link that would be great. i don't mean the standard 10000/R# rule, but the one which specifies green title vs strata title and grouped dwellings etc.

2) Has anyone here developed in the city of Vincent? are there considerations which differ between a 4 or 5 unit site? for example is there a requirement for open space or paying a council fee in lieu of it?

Thanks,
    Emma

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Emma,

I can't give you any specifics on developing in Vincent, but some generic planning advice may (or may not) be useful:

• You will need to allow for relevant set backs as well as vehicle access.
    • You may also need to allow for vehicle turning circles and other access issues.
    • An early assessment allowance of 20% for "peripheral" land use is usually adequate.
    • I'm not sure of Vincent specifically, but often when density gets to 5, there may be a visitor parking trigger.

Most of these issues can be addressed early on with some simple land use planning. In this case it seems it may be the difference between a yield of 4 and 5.

Hopefully you early due diligence will pay dividends.

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

Hi Emma

Did you get a chance to speak to AS from APN yet? He would be the first person I would go to for any hairy question you may be trying to figure out. Just a thought.

Nice to see you again. :)

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Marie – nope not yet, am taking a momentary pause on this development deal excitement as got to get a move on with another few things first as top priority and there’s no time ticking for the other block. have had a great discussion with a development mentor/coach and am armed (and possibly dangerous) with a list of questions in all the right lingo to go and ask the council. Once I’ve crossed off another 8 or so things off my ever growing to do list, I’ll get down to the council and get some answers, then speak again with coach or mentor. If at that stage its looking like its worth further due diligence and investigating, I’ll be in touch with AS and another guy who presented recently at another meeting… have to remember this block is not on the market and not planned to do anything with for the next 4-6 months minimum, so time is my friend right now.

Christian – thanks for the 20% rule, guess I was a bit frugal with my 80sqm spare which isn’t even 10%… good point about the visitor parking and something to keep in mind for questioning. Also going to ask about height restrictions, could even consider a 3 storey apartment block potentially. keeping mind open on all angles until the council shuts me down!

interestingly, discovered the block next door has just had the house demolished. was on the market advertised for 18 months, 4 price reductions, didn’t sell. wondering if there could be another opportunity there to approach owner, combine two blocks and have 1350sqm to play with instead. gold mine… just wish i had some gold i could use to develop ;)

cheers,
    emma

Participant
    @marie123

Emma, sounds interesting. Looks like you are on to something there. After your DD has been done I might have a bit of gold I can lend you. Might see you at the next meeting :)

Cheers.

@wisepearl

u going next wed on the 23rd? did u see APN has combined with propertymeeting.com.au ?

Participant
    @marie123

Yes, I did. I found out in Melbourne last week! Lol.

Profile photo of EM1010EM1010
    Participant
    @em1010

Hi Emma,

I have a copy of the R-Codes for Western Australia.  Unfortunately can not manage to attache file here.  Can send to an email address if you want. Big document

Thanks

@wisepearl
    EM1010 wrote:

Hi Emma,

I have a copy of the R-Codes for Western Australia.  Unfortunately can not manage to attache file here.  Can send to an email address if you want. Big document

Thanks

Thanks! I sent u a PM with my email address, appreciate your reply. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.