All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone A Town Planner in Here?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Tommy TranTommy Tran
    @tommy-tran

Hi,

Does anyone have skills in subdivision? “Town Planner out there’? or recommendation? I am looking to develop 10 blocks of land, I just wanted to know the costing for a 600sqm block for Council Contribution?

1 – Council Contribution Cost

2 – Water

3 – Roads

4 – Sewer

5 – Other Contribution.

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

In most cases you can go to the council website and download the LEP and rate card of fees and charges. The LEP will tell you what you are zoned to do to the block and if you can’t find a rate card then call the townplanner and make an appointment. They will give you an outline of what expect and in some cases point you at a surveyor who can do the work. A surveyor will save a lot of time/money getting the paper work right.

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Tommy Tran,

What area are you looking to subdivide in?

In developments it is wise to contact a land surveyor first. They will be able to give you a realistic idea of the fees associated in your area along with the steps involved in the subdivision process. Not to advertise, but for example I send out a flowchart via email to clients showing the whole process and what’s involved in it.

If you’re after a town planner specifically I recommend speaking to Breece on here. He is great for advice on planning queries you might have.

Regards,
    Ashley Stacey

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

This can vary significantly. I am currently doing a development in Queensland. The council contributions will be 5 times the cost they would have been to do the same development in Melbourne!!

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Yes, Breece from Hub Planning is GREAT.
    You can go to a council web site, but you can get so much more from going TO council. I would also recommend talking to someone like Breece. Even if you think you have done all you can to get the costs- there will be things you dont know about.
    Save yourself time and $$ and talk to a planner unless you are a seasoned player.
    The Real Estate Development Club -Adrian and Amber Zener also handy for helping with the steps to planning and development.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Tommy,

It's the (private) town planner's job to bring together the information and expertise required to complete a property development project. This might include, designers, architects, traffic engineers, structural engineers, landscape designers, surveyors and building consultants. The planner needs to put a coherent and compelling argument to the municipal planners (council) that will support your application and ultimately result in your project gaining municipal approval – without which there is no project.

Town planning is essential to profitable property development. It's not all that difficult, but it is fairly complex. Certain things need to happen, in a certain way and at a certain time. Breaks in continuity can be avoided by using a planner.

I do some work with Breece  (he's getting a lot of mentions here!) and can also recommend his services.

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Tommy and Christianb,
    My point is that as you say Christianb- you can avoid a lot of heartache if you get someone who knows what they are doing.,
    If you are posting here asking the questions, then it would seem you are a newbie.
    Nothing wrong with that- however in my own experience – that if LIFE- better to pay someone to do it who knows what they are doing.
    You dont pull your own teeth do you? Far less painless do pay someone and yes a project can be a winner or lose stacks based on how smoothly it goes.
    Yep, Breece is a good guy.
    Once you kind of know what you are doing, then maybe go ahead and get all the information yourself…. except by this time, you have made stacks of cash from the first project where you got Breece and you just go “Aw nah, not worth doing it myself- just get a planner” while you sail off to Hawaii…… well at least that is MY dream!!

Bit more sun cream on my shoulders thanks……

Profile photo of Tommy TranTommy Tran
    @tommy-tran

Hi all,

I just want to thank you for the reply. Yes, I know property development and the specific requirement needed. That is the reason of my question.

Obviously at the end of the day, I have to pay the bills [to my development] and not the town planner or any other consultants with professional skills that is needed during the development stage of course and land surveyors, traffic engineers, drafts-men etc.

Obviously, I am not aware of the councils jurisdiction[municipality] in an area that I am investing in. Therefore I am looking for a town planner for so advice before I take future steps of course. And the fact of the matter is council website is unclear and does not give an accurate number.

Thank you for your concerns and email to my request. I will contact Breece the Town Planner if he has any skills in subdivision of about 60 residential blocks or more. As town planner is planner, and I need to assess his experience and the quality of his work of course.

Thank You once again

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi

If you are looking for a great town planner contact Frank Perry His website is http://www.townplanning.com.au

They are one of the largest town planners in Victoria and have been involved in both Development projects and land subdivisions throughout Australia. They were responsible for the Summerfield land subdivision in Keysborough in Victoria which was in excess of 1000 lots.

If you want the best then contact Frank

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.