All Topics / General Property / Steve’s new Apprentice program cert IV

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi, I went to Steve's market seminar update last night where he introduced his new Apprentice program cert IV of property investing. He advised that in this course he will help with topics that is included in the course material but it doesn't include assistance while I am doing a property deal. It's more of tutoring rather then mentoring.

I just wanted to know if anyone has started it and your opinion on this course. Should I invest $3400 on Steve's course or should I find a mentoring program where it will be more hands on?

Cheers

Profile photo of robbiesharprobbiesharp
    @robbiesharp

I would also like to find out other people’s opinions.

I’m sure the course wont be a total waste of time or money, but its about weighing up whether it worth the investment, where potentially you can find out the information from books/internet/own research.

For someone who is trying to build up a deposit to enter the property market, its something that I’m trying to weigh up.

tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi Robbie, you are right.
    I am saving up for my 1st purchase which hopefully will happen in next six months. So, it will be a substantial cost for me to come up with $3400. I don't mind paying as long as I get the value for money, which means relating the knowledge gained into practice.

The main reason i am worried about this course is, I may not get assistance to verify if I am making the right decision along the way and then I have to find a mentor to hold my hand through the deal.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Of course it's going to be value for money. I have gone through a lot of steve's material and it is all really good.

Just one piece of advice. It helps to be in a position to take action.

Spending $3,400 on a course but not being in a position to buy a property (eg. No deposit, no stable income etc) often leads to a waste of time. When it comes time to actually invest you would have forgotten most of what would have been helpful.

So basically, I don't think you can go wrong investing in Steve's education. But if you are not in a position to act you may want to hold off…or maybe it could be the kick in the pants you need to get started. Only you will know.

If you haven't read his books read them first

Ryan McLean
    Top 10 Positive Cash Flow Property Books Reviewed
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au/books

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of robbiesharprobbiesharp
    @robbiesharp

Yeah, I think that’s a positive though…. Building the deposit, whilst studying which would take 12 months at the very least – 2 years.

Its more about weighing up whether the information is going to add value, anymore than a range of books/internet research would be able to add.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Sounds like a chicken and the egg situation, but only short term.
    Depending on how long it would take to replace the deposit, the values are :
    deposit – $3,400
    education – priceless.

This is provided that the “education” is sufficient to enable you to invest safely in your selected field.
    And it’s likely that trying to invest and reach a goal without sufficient education
    may provide more financial setbacks than education expenditure.

Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of lbluedentolbluedento
    Participant
    @lbluedento

I am seriously thinking of doing the course too and I also did another similarly priced, although not as extensive, course this year. The education is invaluable, as are the contacts and the confidence gained. I never really subscribed to the “you’ve got to spend money to make money” ethos until getting into property. I have since learnt that the money spent on education saves you from making many costly mistakes.

Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi,

I signed up for Steve's course in the Perth seminar and I have the file and it is pretty in depth. I definately think it is worth while especially since you get a cert IV in business afterwards. He offers the course in a payment plan if you cant pay it all upfront, that's what I did. The course starts in Dec so i can keep you updated to how it is, but I think it will be great. Also, it is only half an hour a day 6 days a week, so I'm either going to get up half an hour earlier in the morning or do half an hour when I get home so it's not really that much effort. :)

Kate

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Is it self paced or do you attend lectures.

Participant
    @kateej03

It is self paced, you can take up to 2 years if you need.

Profile photo of Ethereal1Ethereal1
    Participant
    @ethereal1

I'm really interested in this also, this sounds like a good course to get started in property investing. I also notice that there was the government assistance andI'm still doing my Bachelor Of Economics. Hoping I can get into this one with the government assistance scheme. But Ill wait to Monday or when Steve gives me a call in regards to this and I will certainly take it on board.

My other option is weighing up whether or not to fork out $2995 or doing it by installments of $497 upfront and then direct debit for 11 months, although it does come out about $500 dearer.

tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

I have signed up for this course and received course materials. it's very detailed.

Profile photo of MikeyB71MikeyB71
    @mikeyb71

where can i find more info on this course?

Participant
    @kateej03
    Profile photo of johntanjohntan
    @johntan

I just wanted to know how people are experiencing this course. I’m very interested in taking this up but I just found out that enrolment for the pilot program was in December and the next intake will be in March.

Profile photo of ShandorShandor
    @shandor

Yes Im also interested in hearing from anyone doing the course and how they are finding it?  cheers

Participant
    @kateej03

Hi Guys,

So far I'm finding the course very informative and we are still only up to the goal setting/planning stage! I'm a bit behind because of xmas but catching up, Steve is really good he's been doing webinars each week corresponding to the sessions which give you even more information than what is in the content as well as examples and explanations. So haven't got into the nitty gritty of it yet but very informative and motivational :)

Kate

Profile photo of camjanicecamjanice
    Participant
    @camjanice

Kate, I am really enjoying the course too.  I am also 3 weeks behind due to holidays but am very excited to be part of it.   Love the webinars and the notes are very comprehensive too. 

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.