All Topics / Help Needed! / Can we settle before the end of this year?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Tim@TickTim@Tick
    @tim-tick

Your initial offer should detail your conditions (settlement date, deposit amount, B & P, finance etc…). The other clauses involving longer settlements etc… is your call but it might unsettle the vendor and compromise/confuse your offer.

Just make sure your Conveyancer/Bank/Broker can settle by your chosen date and go for it!

Good luck

Tim McGrath, Tick Mortgage Solutions
    Blackburn North
    (03) 9877-7077 | [email protected]

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Ok I’ve just found out that the place has already been repossessed so the bank would be trying to clear the debt. They owner purchased in 2007 so I’m assuming they would have only paid about 10k off the principal so the asking price is probably close to the debt owed on the property. Is that would you all would make of it? Also are there any other factors that come into play other than price in this instance? I’m assuming a standard settlement and a price that would cover the debt would be what the bank is really after? Any thoughts?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The bank has a duty to the owner to get the best price possible for them or they could be held liable. Therefore they will want 'market value'. This is usally achieved by going to auction – which is properly advertsied and held.

Also, if the property has been repossessed then they would have been considerably behind in their loan, add on the expenses and legal fees and it could be a fair bit higher than what they paid for the property.

You might also find it hard to negotiate with a bank.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Yes I'm thinking of offering asking price if this is the case. The place was on the market from about May then went to auction in September and has been dropping in asking price ever since then.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.