All Topics / General Property / Real Estate Investar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi All,

I was just wondering if there are any members who are using Real Estate Investar's software?

I'm interested to hear what you have to say about it (good and bad).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Robbie

Profile photo of wideshedswidesheds
    @widesheds

Though, I haven't used it at the first place I have heard a lot about the software. The real estate had become a sector that need immense and constant up-gradation from the people involved, so the software has been proving to be good at its work and relieving the people off some pressure.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I haven't heard about Real Estate Investar before – but I checked it out on Google, and it seems that its a software based in NZ.

I wonder though if it has capabilities to work for the Australian context? or just NZ

That's something you should take into consideration I suppose

Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

They are cater for both Australian and New Zealand markets.

The software is great, i just dont like the idea of being locked into it for 12 months at $169pm.

Profile photo of natssnatss
    @natss

The Software was created in Australia and they are based here but also cater for the NZ market.

They have recently added a new “Casual Option” where you are not locked in for a 12 month contract but you can pay as you go… But the good savings are in the long term contract options.

The software is really powerful.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

I have used it and it is pretty ridiculously good. I would recommend it for people who are looking to buy. Not just people searching but not actually in a position to buy.

My favourite thing is the fact that you can analyse individual properties. See what they sold for in the past and what the software guesses they are worth. It isn't always perfect but it gives you a really good ideal. Especially if you aren't familiar with the market.

I think they have a trial period. Why not try that….or go to their free webinar and see more about it

Ryan McLean
    Free Ebook "How To Find Positive Cash Flow Property"
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

@robbiep

Thanks Ryan, i agree, it is very good..

Did you end up taking a monthly subscription after the inital 14 day free trial?

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

We subscribe, as regular buyers it's useful.

For the individual buyer it would be hard to go past the value of a shared subscription to Price Finder, spending beyond that would be hard to justify unless you were clear about what you needed that Price Finder doesn't supply?

@robbiep

Yup the shared subscription for PriceFinder is really good. but unfortionately for the areas im interested in, they dont offer the shared subsciption, so it works out to about $150pm

If you prepapred to pay around $150-160pm for individual use, Real Estate Investar is by far the best value for money as it gives you access to multple states and regions where as most other companies limited to you a region or state for this fee.

Profile photo of Kelvin MitchellKelvin Mitchell
    @kelvin-mitchell
    mattsta wrote:
    I haven't heard about Real Estate Investar before – but I checked it out on Google, and it seems that its a software based in NZ.

I wonder though if it has capabilities to work for the Australian context? or just NZ

That's something you should take into consideration I suppose

The software is also available in australia, and based on what I heard the software is really helpful in tracking their real estate investments.

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

Problem though, they have very bad customer service. They don't return calls unless its to sell you.

I just signed up to one of their promotions were you can do it for 7days then cancel or go through with it. But they started billing me before the 7days was up!

Now they don't return calls or emails

I wouldnt use people that mislead.

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

I had used it for a while found it very helpfull if I was in a position to buy right now I would sign back up month to month until I was buying more property's 

Profile photo of Tamara43Tamara43
    Participant
    @tamara43

Currently using PriceFinder and have previously had a very short term subscription to RE Investar.  There are differences as with RE Investar you can source properties on the basis of categories like vendor finance, discounted etc.. and on a group or individual words eg: must sell, retiring etc…PriceFinder does not give  you that ability. There are other variables again that Investar has that PriceFinder doesn't have.  Investar is however much more expensive and definately not within the price range I would pay unless I was buying properties all the time. I've also managed to get PriceFinder via a group discount so it's cheaper.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean
    RobbieP wrote:
    Thanks Ryan, i agree, it is very good..

Did you end up taking a monthly subscription after the inital 14 day free trial?

Their system has changed now. There is a 7 day trail period before they start billing you. But you really only get 6 days because if you sign up at 10pm on Wednesday night then they count that as 1 day even though it was only 2 hours. So be careful of that

WHAT THE TOOLS DOES

The tool acts like Google for the property market. By that I mean it indexes all the listings and then allows you to search for keywords within the property listing. This is where the value of the tool is derived.

So if you want a property with a granny flat you can search for "granny flat" and it will show you all listings in Australia that use the term granny flat.

You search for positive cash flow terms like "11% rental yield" or other stuff. Or you can search for discounted property by using terms like "discounted" "recently reduced" "all offers considered" etc.

OTHER STUFF

It also gives you access to analysis data of the site. Stuff like previous sales history, previous rental history, previous listings, comparable sales etc.

TRAINING

They also have training modules but I never got into them, so can't comment on whether they are good or not.

Hope that helps

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.