All Topics / Value Adding / Soil type h1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

hi all

just got my soil test results for my development.  It is classified as h1 – P.  It is P because at some point there was some fill on the site – by my calculations that fill must have been on there for at least 30 years.

Anyways- doesn't sound ideal, I guess I am wondering whether anyone knows how much extra this might cost in relation to foundations etc.  I am building two, two level townhouses on slab.

Thanks for your time.

Ben

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Hi Ben,

I think is impossible for anyone to tell you from the information you have given. If the fill is only shallow then it may not be a big deal, but if the fill is deep then you might have a problem. It also depends if it is engineered fill or has just been dumped there, and whether you need to do any excavation to build your townhouses. If the fill is contaminated then you have a problem if you need to take it away, and you might have a problem with contaminated fill even if you don't need to take it away. It also depends what the fill is (clay, sand, silt etc).

In summary- there are so many variables!!!

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

thanks Luke – the engineers seems to think OK – so not too bad.

Just a bit worrying when you get these things

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.