All Topics / Help Needed! / Real Estate Agent’s game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

Hi,

Just as a question, can a real estate do this? I have put in an offer for the first time which was rejected than I put in another offer which the agent said he will get back to me and than he send me this email. Also, my understanding with the current tenants, I thought as long as you give them sufficent notice, they can be removed and not till the end of the contract.  

" As you know we have had multiple offers come in for this Property after our Open Home on Saturday.  Under the Owners instructions we are advising all interested parties to have their highest offer in writing to my email by 9:20am tomorrow with any special conditions needed , Example – 10 day cool off, 5 % deposit, extended settlement etc. 

Also for your information , the lease expires for these tenants on the 5th of February 2012 so if they decide to see out their lease whoever purchasers the Property will take over the lease untill they vacate on or prior to the 5th February 2012 which could be an advantage due to receiving the rent towards your homeloan".

Cheers

Jimmy

Profile photo of JstyleJstyle
    @jstyle

Hi,

Yes the real estate agent can do this if they have multiple interested parties/offers.
    The tennants are within there rights to stay out their lease knowing that they will need to vacate on then 5th of Feb 2012 (you will need to give them 60 days notice prior to the 5/2/2012)

I have been in this position many of times, if i was you i would stick to your guns and not offer then a cent more then what you think the house is basically worth. Do not get emotionally attatched to it and make a foolish offer. The market at the moment is very slow and stagnate so stick to your guns and if you dont get this one im sure another one will pop up.

If your going to make another offer on it and you want to move in as soon as you settle, i would make the offer subjec to vacant possession with say 120 days (which should cover until the 5th of february). Definately make sure you can view everywall/ceiling etc of the house to see the condition of the property is in before you make your offer.

Good luck!

Jon

Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

Thank you Jon, someone must have offered a ridiclous high offer way above market price by at least $30k!!! back to the drawing board!!

Profile photo of EPI_DenEPI_Den
    @epi_den

Hey Jins,

I was in this position once and didn’t make an offer by the deadline. Lo and behold, the property was still on the market a week later. I’m not saying that the real estate agent was pulling a dodgy, but it certainly did smell a bit fishy…

Keep an eye on it and make sure you know exactly what it’s worth. You never never know…

:)
    Good luck,
    Den

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.