All Topics / Value Adding / Demolition of half a DLUG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Hi All,
    I am wanting to demolish half of a DLUG that is require to be removed for a subdivision. I will obviously engage the right people but want to get as much info as I can before doing so.

The DLUG is brick and has brick peers in between each roller door. Everything inside is pretty basic with the roof just tin sitting on small bearers. The DLUG is basically an add on to the existing house so neither structure relies on the other for support.

Does anyone know what sort of cost would be involved?

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

It really depends on the exact construction of the garage. Perhaps you could get a few quotes (3-4 quotes from different builders) and this will give you a better idea. Also depends if it has asbestos in it (I know you said it was brick but asbestos was often used for ceilings and eaves).

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Thanks Luke. There probably will be.

Just trying to get as much info as I can before approaching builders and disturbing the tenants.

I do not wish to scare the tenants until I have further feedback from the council on the DA that is currently with them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.