All Topics / Help Needed! / Gladstone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of DelGDelG
    @delg

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can help us. We are looking at buying an investment property in Gladstone. We are looking at a new house and land package. Can anyone recommend a good estate or the ones to keep away from ?

There are quite a few estates developing there at the moment and was wondering if anyone has any experince in it. We are getting contradicting information from everyone therefore not sure which one to settle with also the prices vary from one estate to the other. Some of the ones I'm looking at are: Vantage, Lily Creek Living, Emmandale, etc We are looking at purchasing a 4x2x2. Please also let me know the good suburbs to buy in ?

Can anyone recommend an agent or a BA that they have had good or bad ones to keep away from in this area ? 

Any assitance on this topic will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 
    DG

Profile photo of gfreergfreer
    @gfreer

Curtis Island recommended demand is going to escalate with influx of workers over next few years…

$72B was committed previously to Liquid Natural gas (LNG) plus Origin Energy’s $US14Bn reported in July, Three major oil and gas projects to each create 6,000 new jobs.

Source: Australian Financial Review – 29th July 2011.

Profile photo of AmnesiaAmnesia
    Participant
    @amnesia

Hello Welcome to the forum.  Good timing as I was in Gladstone last week and agreed terms, signing the contract this week. I have a number of investment rental properties around Oz. For the first time (although I was in Gladstone for 2 days) and having done research before going I thought I would use a Buyer’s Agent. A little sceptical at first but the result was good. Firstly, (hoping not to upset anyone) I do not believe in buying a house and land package. It’s too easy when I believe there are better deals to be done.  My mandate was to find a 4x2x2 between three and eight years old in the region of $500-550k and close to shopping and schools etc.  This way I would not be paying a developers premium for a house and land package. Also a house being a few years old will still have plenty of depreciation to be claimed as a tax deduction. The property I have agreed to buy  is a little older but has a great value angle to lock into.  I found the property and my newly appointed buyers agents inspected it the next day after I had left and without my prompting recognised that it had an additional investment angel.  I then separately instructed him to make an offer on my behalf.  The good news was, because of his strong network and local knowledge negotiated a price $14,000 below the asking terms. How was that?  He has also plugged me into to his local network of professionals to assist during the purchase.  Great value.  I have also found MyProp.com.au to assist managing my rental properties.  If you wish to make contact he is, Gladstone Property Solutions. Craig Maytom  0417370353. Happy hunting…

Profile photo of DelGDelG
    @delg

Are you please able to give me your BA name in Gladstone ? that I can ask for assitance. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

Profile photo of dcwwooddcwwood
    @dcwwood

Hi DG,

Have a read through this post (it goes on and one but is very good) – it has some great advice on the Surat Basin towns – my preference is Mackay and Townsville over Gladstone but its a town with huge growth due to the CSG projects.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/4337447?highlight=gladstone

Profile photo of michael1979michael1979
    @michael1979

Delg, im currently building in a house in little creek atm, land was slightly cheaper than emmadale which sells at a premium although theres not much difference as estates are basically next door,  vantage is on the opposite  side of kirkwood road to emmadale/little creek but is really hilly blocks. make sure to get land surveyed or slab type costs fixed in contract as most blocks slabs need to be upgraded to p type or higher adding 7-11g in extra costs, this whole area seems nice and is all recent with new woolworths etc being built.

hope thats helps.

Profile photo of amcewinamcewin
    Participant
    @amcewin

Hi DelG,
    I have recently purchased in Gladstone (5 yo 4x2x2) and have also just bought a block of land in Forest Springs. I have done a lot of DD on Gladstone and also did a field trip up there mid September. I also have a couple of good agents I am working with and they have helped give me a good understanding of the area.

Little Creek and Emmerdale are good new developements. I have heard both good and bad things about Vantage. Forest Springs is right where the new Woolworths is being built and is an extension of the existing suburb of Telina. I was told to avoid Sth Gladstone (smell from QAL), Barney Point and Tooloa (housing trust). There are also a lot of shady markateers selling poor quality house and land packages so be wary of that. I personally would ensure that you go with a local builder if you are planning to build as you can easily sound out their reputation vs the fly in builders from the Gold Coast.

Places I have been told to avoid:
    Stoney brook estate – only 4 types of houses in whole estate; Glen Eden, Brookview Estate, Calliope (actually out of Gladstone but being marketed as Gladstone.) Lots of apartments and units being built which could be oversupplied when things settle down.
     Popular parts of town include: Telina, Clinton, Emmerdale Gardens, off Kirwood Road, Kin Kora, Seaview Heights, West Gladstone.

I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Amanda

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

iI had a very good meeting with one of the best builders in Gladstone last week ,happy to help

Profile photo of amcewinamcewin
    Participant
    @amcewin

Hi APWPG,

What is the name of your builder?

Regards
    Amanda

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi Amanda,happy to help contact me on 0401682456 Cheers Bill

Profile photo of meniamenia
    @menia

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and would like to ask for some advice. I'm looking at buying a house and land package in the Forest Spring Estate in Gladstone. Builder's name is Mark Bain. Does anyone know much about his reputation?
    Also, we live in Sydney and are wondering if we should travel to Gladstone to look at the site? Saying that the land has only been released and there is nothing to look at. What is the done thing in this situation?

Cheers
    M

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.