All Topics / Help Needed! / Structural Engineer’s Report – recommendations pls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hi folks,

Just wanted to see if anyone has a structural engineer they’re happy to refer and give a plug. Can either post details below (if allowed with forum rules? preferring to see referrals rather than adverts for someone’s own company) or send me a PM.

Needing a structrual engineer report rather than standard building inspection as property has had fire damage, and also has an unapproved enclosed patio, so the engineer’s report can assist with restrospective approval.

location is Perth, but also keen to hear quotes from anyone. I was quote $1495 + GST from one engineer for this work. It seems high, but I do understand that given there is fire damage it needs to be quite a detailed inspection. Wiring has burnt out, some ceilings gone. Brick walls, clay tiles with wooden roof beams.

So please reply if you either have a good engineer in Perth to recommend, or if you have a comment about the price.

Many thanks,
    Emma

Profile photo of Blue Ridge HomesBlue Ridge Homes
    Participant
    @blue-ridge-homes

Engineers aren't cheap – the figure you've been quoted doesn't sound OTT.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.