All Topics / Value Adding / Books On Renovating

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of JackH92JackH92
    @jackh92

Hi,
    Recently I've taken an interest in property development, more specifically cosmetic renovations. As I don't want to just dive straight into the deep end, I'm looking for some good content to read up on so I can increase my knowledge and be more prepared for when I take the plunge. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good books, internet sites or dvd's that would help me become more educated in the field of renovating. Information on the steps of a successful renovations, tips and tricks to increase the end profit and just other valuable topics which would increase my chance of success. I'm prepared to pay for the books, but don't really have the cash to attend one of those highly priced seminars.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jack

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Jack

Welcome to the forum.

Dolf De Roos has a decent book called 101 Ways to Massively Increase the Value of Your Real Estate without Spending Much Money

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of JackH92JackH92
    @jackh92

Cheers Jamie, I'll take a look at it.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

there are some great programs on lifestyle channel (Foxtel) if your lucky enough to have pay tv – or looking for an excuse to justify it

Profile photo of JPCCMJPCCM
    @jpccm

Careful with them books though, sometimes its worth looking into it yourself. One main reason is that the book may say it only costs this much for this, but in reality it doesn’t.

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Jack,

What you might want to consider is put out by Dean and Louise Parker is called Property Systems and step-by-step manual the “Complete Renovation System”. Propertyinvesting.com has it in their bookstore and you can either pay $1300 upfront or break in the three payments. .

Kind regards,

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Profile photo of Angel 13Angel 13
    Participant
    @angel-13

Hi Jack,

Here's a few you might be interested in.

http://www.bookshopworld.com.au/property/property_renovation.html

I'm thinking of buying Renovating for profit by Michael Holmes. I wonder if it comes as an iBook.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Jack

I own the complete reno system by Dean and Louise parker ill loan it to you for free its great
    private msg your address ect 

Profile photo of dwindwin
    @dwin

I know it's an old thread but is the Complete Reno System worth the money?

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Renos seem to be the big thing right now, adn i'd also like to find out more about it.
    but i'd also like to know if the complete reno system is worth it.. the price of it is quite high!

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Have you seen this book?  Planning Your Perfect Home Renovation by Alex May. This book is quite handy will teach you about planning, budgeting, dealing with builders and tradesman. IT also features some  design and  money-saving tips.  

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi all,

Considering the Parkers are not selling the Complete reno system any more as they are making so much money from renovations and property development, I'd say it's probably worth it if you can get your hands on a copy. I have it, but haven't been through all of it yet.

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.