All Topics / Help Needed! / property seminars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of charlitaylacharlitayla
    Participant
    @charlitayla

I am new to buying property and would like to learn more, does any one know of any seminars held rather on the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane.That are free.

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Hi Charlitayla,

I remember when I got into property and became a property seminar junkie. I would keep my eyes and ears peeled for all the free seminars and spend my weekends going to along and listening to all the different speakers telling their stories, and if I follow in their footsteps I can achieve financial freedom.
    One thing that I quickly discovered was they all had different strategies and had their own formula for success. And they all had made millions from property! The point am trying to make is that there is no right or wrong strategy but there is one that suits you best. The best strategy for you may change over the years as your situation changes and some people even employ more than one strategy at a time. It all depends on your situation. So my advise to you is to first look at your situation and work out what it is you are looking for and then decide what your strategy will be. This decision will help you work out which seminars are best for you and help you reach your goals faster. And dont be afraid to spend money on good education. You would be surprised how much money a lot of successful full time investors have spent on their education. I know quite a few people who have completed the “RESULTS” program which is in excess of 6k and they are all very savvy and successful investors!
    Lastly, this forum is a great resource one of the best places to learn everything about property. The people you find on here have a wealth of knowledge just waiting to share with you. All you have to do is ask.

Good luck on your journey.

Profile photo of charlitaylacharlitayla
    Participant
    @charlitayla

Thank you for your comments very helpful, I do feel like a real dummy when it comes to investing but i am very interested in property investing.Because i dont have lots of money to spend i feel a bit lost on where to start.

Participant
    @corie

2 names that spring to mind are Steve MCKnight and Margaret Lomas. Both these people know what they are talking about. Steve Is doing his market updates in November, a seminar definitely worth going to. I think Margaret has just finished doing the rounds. Margaret Lomas has writtten quite a few book. One of her best ones is “20 must ask questions” before buying a property. I can highly recommend this book. Margaret founded Destiny Financial Solutions. They have a website which is worth checking out. She aslo produces her own show for investors. Episodes can be purchased from her website.

Click here to download “Property Success with Margaret Lomas S02 E23” Web quality in .wmv format.

Let me know if link doesnt work.

Participant
    @corie
    Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    charlitayla wrote:
    I am new to buying property and would like to learn more, does any one know of any seminars held rather on the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane.That are free.

Here are some excellent groups.

http://www.meetup.com/BrisbanePropertyGroup/
    http://www.meetup.com/BrisbaneInvestors/
    http://www.meetup.com/Sunshine-Coast-Property-Group/

Free the first visit, some charge $20-$30 per visit after that, so I think these qualify.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hey!
    I only know property seminars here in sydney – but just a word of warning for “free” property seminars: Just make sure that the advice they give is good, and that they actually practice what they preach

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.