All Topics / Overseas Deals / Rehab Tips

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of trent74trent74
    @trent74

Hi guys,

I am new on here and signed up to this other property website the other day.

There was some interesting stuff about painting the interior of rental homes with a textured paint:

http://www.americanrealestateinvestments.com/blogs/why-do-texture-walls-on-your-rentals/

Anyone own any rentals and have had issues with internal painting or could offer any advice after watching this?

Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes

Trent,

It is a great way to finish a wall and create that modern look. The technique is known as "knock-down", and if you can find a skilled sheet rock man/woman, it looks simply amazing. When done correctly, it literally makes a house look 40 years younger, when combined with ceiling fans, new carpet (or finished hardwoods) things of this nature. For the best results, find someone who has done a lot of this technique, as it's almost an art form, and if done wrong, looks horrible.

Hope that helps!

John

Profile photo of TrevTrev
    @trev

I would be reluctant to use this finish in one of my rentals.  Once applied it would be very difficult to convert back to a flat plaster finish.  It is apparently more popular in the US but I haven't seen many (if any) houses in Australia where a heavy textured finish has been successfully applied to an internal wall.  I would rather repair the plastered surface of a hard plastered wall, or flush up a plasterboard wall and then apply a good flat acrylic paint.  I used a suede finish in a rental a while ago and even converting that back to a smooth finish for repainting was a laborious job. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.