All Topics / Creative Investing / Owning ATM’s-Positive Cash Flow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi All,

What a great site this is!
    Have been posting a bit of information as I have a bit of money to play with ($100K) – one of those questions what to do with it in today’s market. lLoking at property but heard that property prices are even going to drop lower in the next 6 months…thoughts there?

I also have read about Positive Cash Flow with ATM ownership.

A full page ad about it on page 2 of Aust. Propert Investor Magazine..

I’m sure this will create varied feedback! Would like to hear as much as possible about the concept (and results!)..as well as best options for investing $100k cash.

Many Thanks as always!

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Hi QM,

I think you should start from where you want to go first.

if you want to be a property investor. i strongely recommond you to get into the market, at least, start to research.
    because what really happen is the whole property market is up for sale if you have cash around 100K, you can really pick up a good property or two.  by the time the public realise the housing market is undervalue, that is too late to get in to pick up some good bargain !!

ATM can be a very attractive cashflow, however, there is no capital growth.

If I was you, i would get some good properties while the property market is up for sale.

I guess there is no right or wrong, it's depend on what do you need/want to most ?  cashflow? or potential capital gain ?

Hope this will help

happy investing : )
    Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thank you Taylor for the advice.

I already have one investment property and yes, am keen for another…was not sure if $100K would be sufficient. I am investigating into what areas to invest in…I must say, I am not particularly keen on the western suburbs of Sydney due to the violence and shootings I am seeing on the news that happen almost weekly out there. Correct me if I’m wrong. I live in the Northern Beaches but to buy something here…well, $100K again, may not be enough but am currently investigating the market.

Am also considering Brisbane or Melbourne but have to further investigate between the two. I went to Gladstone to do my research on the boom up there but nothing is selling, everyone is holding on to their properties due to the high rental yields…also ahve heard that there alos some risks when investing in mining towns.

As far as ATMs are concerned, I’m curious – are they a “safe” investment if one did have some side cash? Am aware of the lack of capital growth.

Profile photo of bricmanbricman
    Participant
    @bricman

Don't be fooled by the news, the are just trying to sell bad stories and air time, was there not a collar bomb incident in Northern beaches area, my point is, there is good and bad everywhere.

In regards to Western Sydney, it is affordable, good rental yields, and the demand for good rental properties is huge, and is also a growth area as listed by the NSW government.

I am currently doing a granny flat project in Penrith and listed an ad on gumtree and had 10 phone calls within 24 hours, rental demand is strong. I myself rent in the east suburbs and invest out west, works for me because i am an average income earner, but not for everybody.

Best of luck

give me a shout if you need any info on WS

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thank you Briceman. As it happens I grew up and went to school in Blacktown so I do have a good idea on what I was talking about.

On the other hand, you are right with high demand and high yields. I am always interested in information when it comes to investing so i’d be most happy to hear from you.

Regards

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hey qm
    i have looked into this
    but i notice that the big banks get the good location
    but ask your self these questions
    1) will i need to pay rent if so how much
    2) as technolgy changes who and how much will it cost.to keep upgrading
    3) also more people are wanting to use there own atm like anz or cba
    4) if the atms get damged who is liable to fix it

a good little earner im looking into for my self is vending machines with toys.my mate.owns a alot of these machines and ita providea some good income

As for property i think propert is overvalrued atm but thats just my opion

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thanks Johann. Property may be overvalued by the real estate market but not by the banks! Apparently their valuations are conservative in today’s market.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.