All Topics / Help Needed! / Property management fees gladstone

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of michael1979michael1979
    @michael1979

hey being lurking for a while and this is my first Post!

Im building a 4x2x2 house thats almost complete in gladstone this is my first ip outside vic and im surprised at the costs.

anyone know what should be my management fees in the gladstone area most seem to quote me 8.5% to 9% + gst (and assorted admin charges!) this seems excessive?especially compared to in melbourne, i want to know what can resonably be negotiated up that way.

anyone else have ip in gladstone any recommendations with agents/managers?

i was interested in furnishing the house but have been advised as its a waste as most the large companys rental accord limits them to spending 350 per person max and companies will rent house out and furnish it themselves? is this correct.

expecting around 680-700+ rent atm it seems

cheers Michael

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Rental fees sound about right . Go Gecko offer 9% flat rate, no matter what they need to do on your behalf there are no additional fees.

I have a fully furnished house there and it definitely adds to the rental.

I just got a quote for my planned 4 bed, 3 bath, 2 living townhouses at $950-$1,000 per week each, in todays market, fully furnished. Talk with Elders, they gave me that quote, so must have clients lined up for fully furnished houses.

Profile photo of CSQTownPlannerCSQTownPlanner
    Participant
    @csqtownplanner

There are lots of property management companies. Management services Owner consultation and personal inspection of property listing of rental property on our website and a variety of additional websites for an additional charge.

Profile photo of TayloredPropertyTayloredProperty
    @tayloredproperty

Just remember you get what you pay for!
    I know I am biased a bit, but having been on the other end of it too, going for the cheapest property management fees was a painful lesson to learn…

The most important skill you need to look for, is a PM who does what they say they will. If their voicemail says they will get back to you by the end of the day, and your call isnt returned until the next day? Or if their websites say customer service is their focus, and when you call the office, you get a rude receptionist? Test them out before even meeting them. A good PM will find these simple things easy to do, usually its the simplest things that are the hardest.
    Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.