All Topics / Help Needed! / Towns of Victoria

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of DilmahDilmah
    @dilmah

Good morning investors

I am looking to purchase a couple of properties very soon (December) and will be making a trip to Victoria during this time. what towns should I be visiting? what towns should I be sticking clear of?

I am looking for cashflow + properties, I dont want to be worrying about time between tenants either?

Dan

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Dan

Why not take a look at the rear pages of API magazine and find the towns with a high rental yield and a low vacancy rate?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Dan,

Have a look at Mildura, rental market is very hot at the moment. Cheap housing with decent yields. Fantastic facilities and market there hasnt moved for 8 years, some might think of it as bad but in my opinion its positive. Check out previous posts on Mildura I think its definetly worth going there to have a look.

Regards,
    Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Regional cities – Geelong & Ballarat
    or Drouin, Warragul

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

Out of maree's options above …

Ballarat is a no. After 15 years of studying Ballarat .. it doesnt have enough upside for the town.
    Its suburb .. Wendouree was a possible investment area a couple of years ago .. but again .. not much more room for growth now.

Geelong is a big area. Out of the areas .. the surrounds close to the university are always a good pickup. Norlane and Corio are both still dead cheap .. most of them converting now to more expensive solutions. A good investment tack. Coastal Geelong is already well spoken for and pricey. Doesnt mean it cant go further. Inner west geelong .. Bell Post Hill, Bell Park  .. Herne Hill .. are still very cheap and for anyone who will be missing out on inner Geelong .. they will provide solid value.

Drouin and Warragul are the next stages in the South Eastern corridor's filling in .. they provide the cheap land and the access to the cheap shopping available in Pakenham and such. For internal city travel .. they are slow to near useless on distances .. and they really represent the last stages of the southeastern corridor's land and transit for the moment. So .. as far as Warragul .. but if you are looking for growth within the next 10 years .. not Trafalgar or Garfield. However .. thanks to a buffing up in the last couple of years .. the surprise on the highway remains Traralgon. Its moving along at a brisk pace … and i'm still not 100% sure why.

Profile photo of DilmahDilmah
    @dilmah

ill look into those areas mentioned and grab my self a copy of the latest API. thanks guys.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

ps API = Australian Property Investor magazine

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.