All Topics / Overseas Deals / Did anyone used this Agent : 888 US Real Estate

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

he he he… We just have more space in Australia – we can afford to be picky. It will change:(

Sewage farms are great!! If they are anything close to modern they can be the most amazing wildlife habitats. In fact Michael Mobbs (58 Myrtle St Chippendale) has his own complete sewage farm (composting wetland) in the tiny back yard of his small Sydney terrace.

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/homeandfamily/182206/visit-the-sustainable-house

http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/sewerage/western_treatment_plant/habitats_and_wildlife.asp

Not exactly about US property, but interesting about what people like and dislike near houses. Most Americans are probably more worried about being shot in dead beat areas rather than whether the cable to your light switch in a good area is less than 10km away:)

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

I recently heard of a scenario where a fellow investor was looking at securing a property via a Realtor in US, the Realtor would not drive to the property once she viewed at "google map" ….  too close to high voltage power lines (rear).

I also think it may impact when trying to rent it out. Who knows? but why take an unncessary risk.

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

I am not having a go at you, but it is all about the luxury of space.

No one in MEL wanted to live near an airport. So Tullamarine was built. In the middle of nowhere. Now it is surrounded by houses – because it was ‘relatively’ cheap property compared to what was nearby when they were buying. Nowadays Tullamarine on Gearth looks like an extension of MEL itself. The same thing that happened to MEL 50 years ago is happening at AVL.

Upmarket areas of LA where I buy (and the more you learn about US RE the more you like upmarket) include sewage farms, airports, earthquake areas, beside the 405, moving cliff faces, beachside tidal zones etc etc – just as long as it is away from the hard hitting’ pipe swingin’ – Im sure you know the rest of the movie quote:)

However – I do agree, in a really good buying market, why take a risk? Just remember the market you are buying in – it is very different to ours in Australia.

Profile photo of KnoxOffKnoxOff
    Participant
    @knoxoff
    lawsjs wrote:
    I am not having a go at you,  – just as long as it is away from the hard hitting' pipe swingin' – Im sure you know the rest of the movie quote:) However – I do agree, in a really good buying market, why take a risk? Just remember the market you are buying in – it is very different to ours in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7bNXge3nFw

just remember Lawsy  innuendo  isnt an italian suppository 

Profile photo of ChirshbroadChirshbroad
    Participant
    @chirshbroad

My friend started investing in real estate last year. As a fresher, he really did not know the ABC of the market.. so hired a realtor .. I think he was from Lone star realty. And well…today my friend is a smart investor and gives me tips to invest in real estate! :) So I guess..he had a really good experience with the agent.!

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

There seems to be lots of people promoting the US who have never been there or met the people they are in business with. Always do your own due diligence. If they have not met the people they are in business with how can they know whether the product is any good or not

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Truer words were never spoken. Research your providers thoroughly, make sure they know their turf (or that its even their turf!), and trust your instincts – if something feels amiss, don't hesitate to pull back, regardless of how promising the promises sound (in fact, the more promising they are, the more you probably have to look out, unfortunately).

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey All

Well Guess I can chime in Vince and His group sold one of our deals and Working with Both him and Simon great guys to work with .

They really looked out for there clients and made sure the deal was solid. Our prices have climbed a bit for them so not currently doing any deals with them.

We have turned our homes into a retail standard across the board so prices have gone up. You all watch and mark my words in next 6 months the standard Rehab in the USA will be similar if not the same in all the major investment markets.

Alex

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.