All Topics / Help Needed! / requesting extension on settlement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of 7rayray77rayray7
    Participant
    @7rayray7

Hi. My sister and I are in the process of selling a block, and as the papers are not going to arrive in time we need to request an extension of settlement. Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Your advise your conveyancer and they will contact the another side’s legal team.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of lifestylezlifestylez
    Participant
    @lifestylez

I agree, your conveyancer/solicitor should organise it.

This happened to me last year when I was selling a property.  The lender holding my mortage was late sending through the discharge and it was going to push back settlement.

Then I get a call from my conveyancer telling me that the buyers were demanding compensation (a couple of grand I think) that I needed to pay.  I was shocked since this had all come about through no fault of my own.

I got angry with the conveyancer, told them to sort it out because there was no way I was paying anything to anyone.  Fortunately they did sort it out and all was fine in the end.

Just thought I'd tell that story in case you get any grief from the buyers about the settlement extension.

Profile photo of 7rayray77rayray7
    Participant
    @7rayray7

thanks :) pretty sure it’s sorted. no dramas like that thank goodness

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely
    lifestylez wrote:
    Then I get a call from my conveyancer telling me that the buyers were demanding compensation (a couple of grand I think) that I needed to pay.  I was shocked since this had all come about through no fault of my own.

Lifestylez, you must have had a pretty weak conveyancer – they should know that the contract of sale is weighted in favour of the vendor and that no compensation is payable for delay, their first right (even if you don't notify them) is to wait 14 days prior to serving notice to complete.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.