All Topics / Help Needed! / Help required on 1st property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

Hi,

I have an interest in an property (Villa) that is currently on the market for $369 000 and the reason for sell is it was a repossessed property.

Couple of issues:

– apparently there is a mainteance issues in the external areas of the building which is covered by the builder's insurance due to it being under 7 years.
    – Strata fee is $1500 (normally $400) due to building on the sinking funds which is currently $10k only. Of course the agent is trying to assure me that this is only temporary
    – The property was last sold at the height of the boom in 2004 and was sold at $435 000 which is a somewhat concern.

Other than requesting for a Stata report, have the structral engineering report and etc. Should I be requesting for any other further information?

Thanks for your help in advance

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Jins

I would be sifting through all of the strata minutes and any other docs they have on file. Normally the REA can provide written consent for you to check through these things – you should be able to pop down to the strata office and look through the docs.

I don't have an issue with REA's but I wouldn't take their advice as gospel. Do your own due diligence and seek the answers yourself – particularly the builders insurance issue.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Jins13Jins13
    Participant
    @jins13

Thank you for your help Jamie and it seems that the real estate is playing the avoidance game to try to get more interested. Its only going to result in me making a compliant to her office for her unprofessionalism

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Her office will not care, and neither will the Real Estate Institute.

Remember that if this property starts costing a bomb in maintenance, it won't be coming out of the REA's pocket, it'll be yours.  Why would she care.

If you do offer on the property, put a very stern "subject to results of body corporate and strata records inspection that is satisfactory to the buyer, within 21 days" or something like that.  Basically a get out of jail free card.  You'd have your solicitor help you word it.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @jins13

Thank you for your help, yes thanks to the this wonderful site had some interesting words to use such as yours and similar statements " Subject to the buyer being able to secure on insurance policy over the property that is acceptable to the buyer" and "Subject to finance on terms acceptable to the buyer" and etc.  

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Just out of interest….

What are the positive things that attract you to this property that make the negatives seem worthwhile?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @jins13

Its located in a nice area and the place suits my purpose. In comparison to other properties on the market, its cheaper

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Jac has offered excellent advice. If you do make an offer – make sure it's subject to your terms.

Best of luck with it.

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @jins13

Gone off the market!!! Back to the drawing boards but do appreciate your help guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.