All Topics / Help Needed! / ENTRY INTO REAL ESTATE JOB..SOME DETAILS NEEDED ASAP..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of VASIYAVASIYA
    @vasiya

HI
    I’ve decided to enter the job market in real estate and heard that i should do a agent’s representative course for that.I’m in Victoria and i want to know which will be the best place/college/tafe/university to do that?i also need to know whether there will be any difference between classroom/online/distance learning. which will give me more knowledge and will there be a fee discount for a permanent resident? I also heard about REIV,if i learn my course there,wiould Reiv membership help me to get a job faster??
    Please help me with this,as i’ve no one here in australia to get and discuss about these things.
    Also guide me whether i would be able to get into a real estate job as a Receptionist/admin as soon as i finish this course?
    I dont have any experience working in australia..
    Thanks ..
    Vasiya

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Although more expensive, the reiv course is an industry run course & may be better than non-industry training providers. TAFE is also a good option but steer clear odds distance education as you would benefit from face to face delivery.

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi Vasiya,

I did my course at Kangan Batman tafe in Broadmeadows.
    Pretty good the course is run by people who are in the industry.

I dont think you should just rush and try and get a job with any one. In real estate its important you work in a area u either live in or know very well.
    Also make sure your working with a company who are going to train you rather then just employ you.

PS why do you want to work in this industry?

Cheers

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

I took my Agents Representative at Swinburne Prahran Campus.

Back then you could take it nights and do it over a series of nights to get it done.

Not too expensive and a reasonable course.

However having had my ex go through REIV offices in Camberwell I would suggest it provides better materials for a long term grounding in the business.

If you were entering real estate now you'd find yourself on an uphill battle since there are few properties to bring to market .. a VERY competitive market to get the properties, and very hard to match buyers to properties since there are so few buyers. You could find yourself on the 3 month campaign .. in the front door .. and after 2 or 3 months .. out the back door.

However if you are raised in this market .. when the market turns around and eventually booms you will be able to compete and negotiate with the best of them as you will know how to source both vendors and buyers in rarified times.

Profile photo of SezSez
    @sez

I did my Agents Rep at Tafe doing night courses, you will most definately benefit from the face to face time as others have said so I will also not recommend distance learning.

If you have your agents rep it doesn't really matter where you got it, you will be entering the industry with your L plates on and so again, to echo everyone else make sure you are starting with an agency that offers good on going traing.

I too am interested as to what makes you want to get into real estate, property management or sales???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.