All Topics / Help Needed! / Best Agent to manage IP unit in Melbourne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of nurse1nurse1
    Participant
    @nurse1

Hi
    Any one know  a reputuable agent in Melbourne to manage our IP unit in Melbourne
    Not happy with our current agent who we have been with for 15 months Think they are too slack. Have had a few minor issues but today  just did for me Our tenant's rent is due middle of the month paid to the agent then the agent puts it into our account on the 1st of the month. Money not there today so I rang them and was informed they know nothing then a few minutes later are told the tenants havent paid the rent. I am told it was an oversight that we were not informed about this earlier.
    Still havent got the money as it wont go into agents account until Monday them ours??? next day??? Apparantly tenant was mugged and so rent not paid.. We think we need to look at another agent who may be more on the ball and also follow up the misssed rent earlier. For all we know the tenant may not even be living there and we cant do anything until next week
    Anyone got any ideas. I  know things cant be perfect but I am thinking the IP is  not worth it but have to hang in there

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Which area of Mebourne are you in? Obviously I wouldn't want to recommend someone on the other side of the city. It needs to be in your local area.

I have always found LJ Hooker to be good. They have a strong team and the application process is difficult (weeds out dodgy tenants). They take before and after photos of the property for reference about damage etc. Obviously it varies from office to office. But they might be worth having a talk to

Ryan McLean
    CashFlow Investor
    Read my blog post: How To Save A Deposit Quickly

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

I have used RRent since we started investing 14 years ago and have always found them to be great at managing our properties. You may also find them under Rothmans Property management their old name.
    Good luck.

Profile photo of shivaskoshivasko
    @shivasko

Sometimes the company can be good but the PM you have may not be so good. You could even ask to have another PM from the same company look after your property. Someone who is more proactive.

Profile photo of nurse1nurse1
    Participant
    @nurse1

Reservoir and  it is  not just the PM it is the agent itself As we also had problems a while ago when thre was a change of tenants Our PM was on leave and we had two different people ringing us giving us totally difffernt info No we intend to change agents

Profile photo of ElslanElslan
    Participant
    @elslan

Finding a trustworthy, experienced and reliable PM is as rare as hens teeth. But when you do- ensure you keep them!

My PM has now managed our three IP’s for 5 and a half years all up now.
    We found her in Brunswick when we purchased. She then moved to an office in Reservoir and it became evident after just 1 week of her replacement’s efforts that it was the PM not the office of which worked the magic!

Our IP’s are in Brunswick, Preston and Prahran- she selected the tenants from day one for each IP and has done an exceptional job with the initial leasing and ongoing management.

I can pm you her details if you like.

Cheers
    Liz

Profile photo of clancy50clancy50
    Participant
    @clancy50

We are new to IP and have just purchased a property in Brunswick. We are not impressed with the agent we dealt with when we purchased so will be looking for a Property Manager. Could Eslan please send the info on to us or can anyone else recommend  a good PM for Brunswick? Thanks in anticipation.

Profile photo of nurse1nurse1
    Participant
    @nurse1

UPDATE:
    Havent looked for a new agent yet as thought we would discuss issues with PM and see how things went. AND this is how things went
    Tenants didnt pay agin and we havent had any rent since November 1st into our account. We have a hearing mid Jan for possession, bond % rent. The tenants have most likely moved out with keys etc
    But thats how it goes ivestin is a risk as you have to take the highs with the lows Just hoping they dont turn up at hearing and then get longer to stay without rent so we can get on with it and maybe have tenants in by Feb Bu will be looking for another agent but only transfer if confident with them

Cheers evryone!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.