All Topics / Help Needed! / Recomendations for IP insurance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Hi,

I have 2 IPs which are insured through QBE Insurance via EBM insurance brokers. They are both insured for rentcover (landlord) and building and contents. I just got a renewal notice for one of them and the premium has increased by almost $200 (from $511 – $694!). I understand with all the floods etc in the last 12 months that premiums will increase but this seems excessive (or perhaps it isn't, I don't know). This particular IP is in Horsham (VIC) which did get hit hard by the floods, but not on the side of town where our IP is. 

I want to ring around a couple of companies and get some other quotes to compare. Can anyone recommend the insurance company they use for IPs – ie well priced, but who will deliver if needed.

Thanks – Liz

Profile photo of DAMPropertyDAMProperty
    Participant
    @damproperty

I have found it cheaper to have a building insurance policy with one company and then the landlord insurance policy with another.  I think EBM have one of the best landlord insurance policies around and are quite reasonable with their prices.  I have done claims with them and haven't had issues.

Perhaps also look at the excess on the policy.  If you have a low excess for the landlord insurance policy it may be the same for the building insurance policy.  If you change the excess for the building insurance it may be cheaper.

DAMProperty | DAM Accounting Services
    https://www.damaccountingservices.com.au

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Thanks for those ideas DAMProperty. I didn't think of going with 2 different insurance companies. Good point about the excess too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.