All Topics / Help Needed! / cross colaterising help?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of cathnnivcathnniv
    Participant
    @cathnniv

Hi everyone help needed to understand the best way to finance preferably without cross collaterising.

Parents own prop 1 outright worth around $260,000
    $50000 loan taken out with rams 6yrs ago for deposit on my house (daughter) house used as security

Just had offer accepted on 1st ip at $152,500 need to borrow deposit from prop 1.
    Ip needs around $5000 in reno’s and will borrow fees also.

St George want to cross collaterise the two properties taking $50,000 & $10,000 for deposit from prop 1 with a new loan of $152,500 + fees.
    We do NOT want the two properties tied togeather if possible.

Fathers income is $54,000 no debt, cr cards etc other than $50,000 loan to rams

what’s the best way to proceed??

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Simple- you just tell them you dont want to Cross…it’s your choice- if they can cross it means you have enough equity in the properties…so you can simply

1. Cash out the “Equity” and use this as the deposit for the purchase – make sure it’s a split loan with a separate offset account.

So you simply let St George bank know you dont want to cross and do the above…and they will do it, it’s not up the staff to say yes or no ( even though the staff may say no…as they do get extra “points” + it makes it easier for THEM for crossing the loans)

P.s check the letter of offer before you sign, make sure it only has ONE address as the security .

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I agree, Just tell them.

If they won't play ball then set up a LOC on the existing property with st George and then for the new house go to another bank and borrow 80%.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Agree with the above – if STG don't want to do it, there are plenty of other lenders who are hungry for business at present – some of which are offering cash rebates to offset the costs of refinancing to them.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

How about pay back your parents the 50k.

Profile photo of cathnnivcathnniv
    Participant
    @cathnniv

Hi, Thanks everyone for your advice.
    Regarding the 50k this is made up of a few things not just my deposit so my portion will be finalised soon. As this is under mortgage we were trying to roll into one loan for ease of payment using the ipp as security and will therefore look more closely at equity use and having an offset account. I was not happy with cross collaterising but when they talk their talk they make it make sense which is why i wanted to confirm my opinion of it not being nessesary.

Thanks guys

Profile photo of IldikoIldiko
    @ildiko

Hi,  i would like to buy an investment property but i really would like to know people doing to buy 1 after each other.

pls give me some advices??

thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

ildi shoot me an email and i will email you an article i wrote for the API Magazine on just that topic.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Ildiko wrote:

Hi,  i would like to buy an investment property but i really would like to know people doing to buy 1 after each other.

pls give me some advices??

thanks

The ability to purchase and hold multiple properties comes down to your ability to service the debt – which is a combination of your income plus the income generated by your IPs.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.