All Topics / General Property / What Agents Say and What They Really Mean

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of KevinTurnerKevinTurner
    @kevinturner

I was reflecting on an article I wrote some time ago where I was trying to work out why real estate agents think anyone will believe them when they say….. “This one won’t last – be quick”.

I have actually seen it used in a headline. The property is in the United States where there are something like 15 million property owners with negative equity.

Trust me it will still be there in a month or two!

Have you ever wondered what agents really mean when they say what they say?

Here are some examples….

SNEAK CITY VIEWS – “If you stand over here and lean a bit to the left you can just see the city buildings”

SALE BY NEGOTIATION – “I don’t have a clue what its worth and I am hoping you can tell me”

PRICE ON APPLICATION – “The owner wants too much and if I tell you the price you will not call”

FOR THE GARDENING ENTHUSIAST – Out of control jungle

OWNER KEEN TO SELL – “The place has been tarted up and if we sell it quickly enough the cracks won’t start to appear until after settlement”

LOVELY HOMELY FEEL – “Vey small house”

A WEALTH OF PERIOD FEATURES – Dry rot, rising damp and rubber wiring”

SECURITY SYSTEM – “Rough neighbourhood”

WELL POSITIONED – “See all the neighbours

UNUSUAL FEATURES – “Owners have bad taste but I didn’t want to tell them”

MOTIVATED SELLER – “The place has been on the market for too long and my listing is about to run out”

OFFERS OVER…… – “They want heaps more than that but at least I got your attention”

The reality is that sellers want more than the property is worth and buyers want a bargain.

Spare a thought for the poor old agent who has to bring them together.

Is that how ‘agent speak’ is created?

What are some of the more creative ways you have heard real estate agents talk?

<moderator: delete advertising>

Kevin Turner | RealEstateTalk Host
    Property Academy CEO Selling your home without an agent
    [email protected] | Twitter: @Realestatetalk

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

haha That's gold

Basically every real estate agent I know are totally full of BS and will tell you any lie to try and make a sale, While at the same time pretending to be your best mate trying to help you.

A few other common lines i've heard are things like

"Now is a great time to buy, you'd better be quick, Because this place is going to TAKE OFF!"

"This place is so awesomely great and good value for money, Id buy it myself"…. (But I'm trying to sell it to you anyway)

"You had better get moving because I've had heaps of other people look through this place and they are putting offers in" (But no body has actually viewed the property yet)

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Love it!

although as an ex agent theres nothing more satisfying when you do have other people/offers on the table and people think youre lying because your an agent then they call you 1 week later when they see a sold sign and ask why you didnt tell them!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.