All Topics / General Property / McKnight Seminar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ToucanToucan
    @toucan

Hi everyone. I was interested in the one-day seminar that Steve is holding, and noticed that the Sydney one was today. I’m looking to go in Brisbane next week, but as a student, it falls quite expensive for me – could someone who went today provide their honest opinion on the seminar?

As a side note, I have read all of Steve’s books, and am looking to gain knowledge over and above those, or to supplement them, rather than a reiteration.

Thanks for any help.

Link to the seminar: https://www.propertyinvesting.com/seminars/2011/mcknight-seminar

Profile photo of igreenigreen
    Participant
    @igreen

I attended todays session. It was worth the money. I wish u were in Sydney since I did not use the free companion ticket. I guess there would someone similar to me in brisbane that does not have their partner accompanying for the seminar. The other option is to request Steve for a free ticket since you are a student. There is no harm in asking. The max. you would be declined.

Steve

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

Hi Toucan,

I attended the seminar today and quite enjoyed it. Steve as always did a great job presenting but I felt a lot of the material had been covered in his lectures at the last 3 day conference (which he did admit to to a certain degree) and if you've read all of his books then you probably won't miss out on too much if you don't go. Stuff like value adding, lowering yields to increase value, identifying the right property etc were all talked about. Still was good revision and keep it fresh in the brain.

We did get a book of all his lecture notes which was a great idea. Rob Hadded was pretty good but again, material was very similar to the 3 day conference. Joe from Acceptance Finance was good though he could have done with a bit more time.

Similar to iGreen, my free ticket went unused so maybe $300 was a bit much for just a few bits of new information but I find these seminars are great for motivation and to do some networking.

If it's too expensive maybe create a post asking for someone to go with you and share the cost? That's what I did for the spare conference ticket I had and got a few interested people. I think seminars like Steve's are always worth the money as there will inevitably be a few things that you'll pick up to help you with your goals.

Kind regards,
    Derek

Profile photo of ToucanToucan
    @toucan

Thanks for the opinions, much appreciated. I’ll look into organising with someone for the second ticket.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.