All Topics / General Property / Building townhouses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of suziblinksuziblink
    @suziblink

Hi All..
    I have been looking into property development, namely building townhouses, as a strategy for me in the present market. I have not built before, so at the moment I am trying to educate myself and get a bit of a team happening. 
    I was wondering if anyone has done any projects in Brisbane before and is able to share with me any good developers/builders.
    Also, does anyone know of places to find people who will help finance part of your deal in return for interest on the money loaned?
    Thanks for your input
    Susan

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Susan, It has become hard to find private finance since ASIC created new credit laws that make it cost prohibitive for private credit providers to meet their compliance requirements to keep a credit license and provide credit.

You may find a joint venture where you share the profit based on the share of investment may be worth investigating.

I have found a previous posts for you in this site that mentions an investor club
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/general-property/4330494

this may be how you could network with other investors from Brisbane.
    http://www.meetup.com/brisbanepropertygroup/

Profile photo of suziblinksuziblink
    @suziblink

Hi there,
    Thanks the links to the websites, I have joined the brisbane property group and have found it extremely useful in networking with others.
    I guess with finance I was more specifically talking about loaning money from (for eg) friends, who are happy to loan the money and in return I pay them interest on the money I have loaned. Im currently looking into how you set that type of agreement up.
    Thanks for all of your tips :) Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.