All Topics / Help Needed! / millionaire apprentice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

Good luck. Hope all things go well.
    Keep us updated.

Profile photo of lordopglordopg
    @lordopg

Thanks mate. Have you gone any further or is it on afterburners until he fills all the spots?

Are you at all apprehensive or skeptical?

I understand how they make their money out of it all (nothing in life is free, after all). But I'm still a bit worried I suppose.

I guess we'll see how the talk with him in person goes first.

@lordopg

Was wondering if there was any more feedback about this?

Would love to hear from Fiona H some more to get some better insight.

Thanks!

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

I was curious to visit the website after reading this thread, so I did… I found the below information under their FAQ heading:

Q13. Who pays for all the Investing for Profit’s free services?

The vendors pay Investing for Profit a fee which largely offsets their marketing expenses and advertising expenses. In addition a quicker turnover can increase their overall profit, which in turn gives them greater buying power for land and materials, reduced costs, and provides their workforce with job security. All parties benefit and as a result our services are in high demand. 

So it appears that the Investing for Profit company does indeed have their own properties on their books to sell to their clients. Unless I'm mistaken in my interpretation of the above.

@lordopg

Hi wisepearl,

What do you think this means for people in this program?

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

I would just be interested to know if their coaching is applicable to all properties on the market and their due diligence can extend beyond their own portfolio. As some others have mentioned, it could be an idea to use your own finance broker, your own solicitor etc before signing anything.

It doesn't mean a huge red flag, they have to get their money from somewhere, it just means "proceed with caution" and keep an open view. Be aware that they will receive a financial reward for any of their properties they present to you. Would be interested to know if their coaching and advise can extend to other properties outside of their portfolio…

@lordopg

That's a good point – the asking whether it covers those outside their portfolio.

I would hazzard a guess at "no" but I hope that's not the case.

Profile photo of matthew.fmatthew.f
    @matthew.f

Hi there,
    $1,300 invested into further enhancing your knowledge is money well spent. People spend far more on toys etc that do nothing in building wealth but don’t 2nd guess themselves.

Presenters or wealth creators who are renowned and charge for their services will have a great book with all the content and for $30bucks usually.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Frost

http://www.freepropertybuyersagent.com

Profile photo of iloriilori
    Participant
    @ilori

Has anyone had any recent experience with the program? Anyone continued with it and are the prople from Investing For Profit responding and working with you?

@lordopg

Hello

I decided to not continue with the program as I did not like the proposition that was brought to us. Seemed more like a sales pitch then a mentorship program.

Also, when I told Steve I was not interested he was quite rude and chastised me. He more or less said I would never be able to realise any of my dreams without his help – was very surprising and dissapointing.

Good luck to those who took part – I hope it works out for you.
    <br /:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

Participant
    @ilori

Thanks for that. When did you discontinue, last year or just recently?

I understand your point of view, I had the same reservations and was wary, but, prepared to give benefit of doubt and see how it went. A process of earning trust.

There were plans of revamping finances, setting a clear investment plan, books/stories to be produced, an investment process/system to be developed etc. All sounded promising.

However, very little communication and haven't heard any more of those things. Not sure if just me.

@lordopg

No problem.
    We decided not to go ahead about 2 minutes after they left after the meeting.
    It was late-ish last year that we had the meeting.

I'm surprised they haven't been in contact with you much – that is worrying. Have you sunk much in to it yet?

Definitely understand the earning of trust but my financial situation is quite delicate and this could definitely put us on tilt if it did not go well.

The risk was too dangerous at the time.

I believe the concept of the book was somewhat of a gimmick. However, I pray that is not the case.

Do you talk with Steve much about other things?

Participant
    @ilori

Sounds like our situations are similar. I have assets and loans finely balanced and no spare capacity to buy. Need to revamp what is there to do anything. My understanding was that the mentoring would work through all of that and set a plan to move forward. None of that has happened yet so no money has been put into it.

I had good communication leading up to meeting and just after but then it tapered off quickly. There were several people, including a guy who works alongside Steve, an admin lady, broker etc.

Maybe I'm meant to be more proactive, but I thought they would be driving it. Supposedly there was a small group of people selected (8 or 16?) so the process could be well managed and those people taken forward.

Do you mind if I ask… are you moving forward with things on your own? Where do you go to get good advice? I've come across a number of people who sound good initially but soon reveal they can't deliver or are just wanting fleece you for their own gains. I'd be happy to pay for sound, experienced, unbiased advice but it is really really hard to find.

@lordopg

I have put my plans on hold – I am still young (22yo) and my partner and I have decided to travel some more before we start our careers.

Personally, I felt that the "mentorship" wasn't really that at all. I was suspicious of it as soon as the meeting started – it came across as a sales pitch rather than something of a tutoring / mentoring program. Was it naive to think of it to be as anything else? Most likely, but I was eagre to hear them out anyway.

I suppose my warning would be to be wary of the process and to make your own educated decision.

Was the property they were suggesting in the hunter valley region?

Participant
    @ilori

Yep, the property was in hunter valley. They have a lot of stats to support that there are some go-ahead towns in the region.

I thought the program might have been a bit like what was tried a while ago, by Steve McKnight I beiieve? I assume the basic idea would have been to take a group of people with potential and move them forward quickly and make a big impact. The stories would then be publicised and used as marketing for the company to attract a wider client base. The promoter would do well in the long term, supposedly with a proven track record and good will to leverage.

The problem tends to be that it's hard to find the people and hard to deliver on whatever is promoted. It can also get messy, example, could market that going to make people a "millionaire" in X years/months etc. The definition of a millionaire is important – accumulating $million of property as opposed to being a net $millionaire are vastly different.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

i havent heard of stephen tolle or his apprentice program… i'd prefer to learn from good books or forums like this one

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.