All Topics / Help Needed! / millionaire apprentice

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Profile photo of jamesw82jamesw82
    @jamesw82
    source490 wrote:
    It is quite obvious what the company does, have you actually read the website ?

It is quite simple do it yourself and make costly embarrising mistakes while you try and learn about what you are doing and that will take you 10 -20 years or let an expert handle it and don't make mistakes but people will always complain, because they want everything for free & you wonder why most of the population has to retire on a pension.

Stephen is offering his services for free to prove a point to Australians, he says it very clearly..

Sorry if I was blunt. I just think if it was not for the experts teaching Australians how to do it successfully, than we would only be left with Tafe & University and then that is tought by teachers who have not acheived the results that you want.

Greg Renolds

yeah i have actually mate, not that stupid hey, but anyone can get on there and promise the world just to make money out of people, im definately not going to be listening to some bloke i dont know from a bar of soap that is telling me to buy a certain property, which could be his or tied up to his business and just wants my money to line his pockets, hence why i asked ppl for their advice and thoughts. I have been in contact with stephen and he does seem like a good bloke. Cheers for your thoughts anyway mate.

Profile photo of jamesw82jamesw82
    @jamesw82
    ilori wrote:
    Hi jamesw82,

Wondering if you've met with the Investing For Profit (Stephen Tolle) people and what your thoughts are?

I applied and have been put on a short list and curious what is involved. Do you know how many people are being taken into the program? What the main focus is? Also good to know if everything is at arms length and it's not a program to sell properties from development business or loans from brokerage business etc.

Would appreciate any feedback.
    hey, havent met with them face to face as we speak, but have been in contact with stephen himself a number of times he is like everyone has said a real genuine guy. just in the middle of organising a face to face meeting with him at the moment, struggling to get time of work as im in mt isa in the mines, to fly to brisbane and meet with him and i have a newborn as well so it makes it harder trying to organise car, carseat etc etc, as he wants for me and my wife to be there. I had a feeling that maybe everyone wins so i got my mate to apply as well and what do ya know he got shortlisted yesterday as well, so we'll just wait and see but i am willing to meet with stephen to see what he has to say about the whole situation.
    Ill let u know more in a few days when i hear more.
    Cheers

Regards, Ilori

Profile photo of iloriilori
    Participant
    @ilori

Thanks jamesw82,

Would appreciate your feedback after you've had the face to face.

My impression of talking to him was that he wanted people with a passion and drive that he could work with. He wouldn't do the work for you but would guide someone who was driven. He was also conscious of the husband & wife being like-minded as one would struggle to make it work without support of partner.

I've been short listed and selected for "exclusive" things before, and found them to be not what they seemed, so there is a element of caution in all of this. Things I'd like to clarify would include:

* how many people are selected for the program? A video I saw said 8, I assume that's 8 in Australia (very exclusive). No offence meant, but if you and your mate are accepted and someone else I know is accepted, that makes 3 out of 8 from a small sample. If the acceptance criteria is pretty loose then it puts a different slant on things. Selecting large numbers of people with loose criteria starts to feel like an exercise in building a client list :-)

* would need to ensure the properties are from open market, not from an associated company or person. Would be easy to see the selected candidates of the program as a list of clients willing to buy properties… that feeds into an an associated developer needing to sell properties.

* similar with finance, need to ensure any money related issues are open and not obliged to go to an associated broker, solicitor etc.

* what is in it for Stephen? If he sells no properties, has not financial incentives, then is his only benefit to prove a point? Maybe he can then leverage off this to promote his business. That's fine if that is the case. I imagine it's a big effort for him to do all of this so he must have a worthwhile benefit. Need to be clear what that is. Essentially need to understand the money trail.

If anyone else has first hand knowledge of the program would love to hear it.

Regards,
    Ilori

Profile photo of SHoltzSHoltz
    @sholtz

Hi Guys,

I attended a seminar where I saw Stephen Tolley and Cherie Barber speak when he was working for Renovating for Profit company.  It was a free one of course!

I found the two of them to be very genuine and forthcoming with information… so when I saw this new program that he was running in the API mag I thought why not apply!

Unfortunately I was not selected!  however I did get to meet with one of their wealth coaches in QLD.  The meeting was really informative and I did learn a lot… which is not bad considering I am a bit of a seminar junkie! Haha!

The whole essense of the company is to help clients set up a successful property portfolio by selecting properties in high growth capital areas, but reducing the risks involved.  There due diligence on an area is probably the best that I have seen, as I walked out with a report nearly 150 pages thick!  The properties they offer are not their own properties and you can use their finance arm or your own mortgage broker.

Whats in it for Stephen… well the company is relatively new and so he running this campaign I believe as a marketing excercise.  The chosen Millionaire Apprentices will have their own personalised stories and journey documented for all to read.  If the areas that he has selected for clients to invest in are successful then his clients will make a lot of money and in turn it would be great advertising for his business!  If  the area does not perform then his name and business would be mud!

I could be wrong but my understanding is that there are to be 16 apprentices in total not 8.  Is was 8 but changed to 16 something to do with having to fill out the chapters in the book or publisher wanting more substance and more stories!  Who knows … its just a shame I wasn't chosen!

I hope this info helps….

Participant
    @ilori

Thanks SHoltz,

Appreciate your thoughts. Sounds like you've been around :-)

Out of interest, do you know why you weren't selected? I assume you have a sound knowledge of things… curious why they didn't take you on.

What was the nature of the discussion with the wealth coach in QLD?

Thanks,
    Ilori

Profile photo of SHoltzSHoltz
    @sholtz

Hi llori,

The reason they told me why I wasn’t chosen was because they were looking for a diverse range of people and their personal stories from various ages and backgrounds so as the Australian public could easily relate to a particular story. I guess the concept is… “if they can do it and they are in the same position as us, then we can do the same!” And so the person reading it decides to give Investing for Profit a call because they have a proven track record in helping someone else in a similar situation become a property millionaire! Not a bad marketing campaign I say! My story apparently was too similar to someone who was already chosen as a Millionaire Apprentice, and so they decided not to take me on. I did see though in their office a file that had just the Millionaire Applications for just QLD alone and there would have been easily over 200 applications!

Anyway at the end of the day was very happy with the final result!

I would love to let you know everything that was discussed, however I think you would be really doing yourself a dis service by not attending one of their sessions.

There do not charge you for anything and their strategy session is extremely informative, unique and interesting. Compared to other property companies that I have seen I found these guys very down to earth, open and honest without the heavy pressure hard sell! They are lucky they didn’t go down that path as I would have walked straight out of the door!

Give the guys a call, it can’t hurt!

Cheers

Simon Holtz

@jamesw82

im not sure what would be better to do this or a course with margaret lomas company destiny, it sounds very promising but the destiny course cost a mint.

Profile photo of Fiona HFiona H
    @fiona-h

hey everyone,

i actually applied to the investing for profit thing and met with Stephen Tolle as i was originally one of the apprentices.

im honestly dont think it is 100% genuine for that reason i pulled it. Stephen has a lot of renovation experience— but in terms of investing im not so sure that he has that much experience. irrespective of this, a few things when speaking to him didn't sound right so i would suggest that if you do go with this Millionaire apprentice thing, make sure you use your own  lawyers, surveyors, accountants etc. even if they push you to use thier crew, make sure you use your own!

do not use thier lawyers etc. finally, do not sign anything until you are 100% happy with everything– make sure you have a good team behind you. 

On a final note-  its your credit rating on the line if something goes wrong and you dont honestly beleive it… think of Henry Kaye, Star entrerprises and a number of other companies/people which have put people in a bad way when they closed down.

all the best and good luck

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton
    jamesw82 wrote:
    im not sure what would be better to do this or a course with margaret lomas company destiny, it sounds very promising but the destiny course cost a mint.

Hey Jamie,

reading a few books is what I would be going for. That way you can take from them what you wish and not feel any pressure. I know youve read some but just keep reading. I think Margaret has a book out also, im not sure if its on strategy or a bit more on the buyers advocacy path but im sure its a good read.

Then once you’ve sorted out a strategy that more suits you and that your comfortable with you can refine it by getting one on one advice and once again fitting in that advice with your comfort levels and strategy. then you can find the right properties to form your portfolio over the years.

Cheers,

Participant
    @ilori

Thanks for your comments Fiona H,

What sort of things were you asked to sign?

What sort of things didn't sound right?

Did the interview cover an investment strategy and overall agenda? If so, did it sound practical and do-able?

Regards,
    Ilori

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

I too applied for the Millionaire Apprentice Program and was shortlisted. Yesterday, I got a phone interview with Stephen Tolle himself, and was really blown away with his passion.
    My application is still being considered, and will get a confirmation this week if I made it to the program. It will be an exciting journey if chosen.

@the-immigrant

Anyone else who is into this Millionaire Apprentice program?
    We have been accepted into the program and will be meeting with Stephen later this week.
    Looking forward to what he is putting on the table.

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Congratulations!  From reading on here I know you've worked hard already to get into investing and have a knowledge base. Hopefully it's a good apprenticeship program that can provide you with some good support and a big leap forward!

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

@the-immigrant

Thanks andrew. I surely hope so, because if I will be successful, I will surely be able to influence people around me, and then they will pass it on to others too. It will surely have a trickle effect.

@jamesw82

keep me updated novus i unfortunately i had to pull out on it due to bad timing. be interested to know how it all goes for you. cheers mate

Profile photo of lordopglordopg
    @lordopg

I just had a call from Stephen's people. He is calling me next week to have a chat <moderator: delete language> I don't know if I'm a suitable candidate but I guess we'll have to find out >.<

@the-immigrant

Hi lordopg. We've been accepted into the program. Stephen will talk to you first and assess you I think. Then he tells you that they will call you back to see if you progress to the next stage which is the one on one talk. Then they will take it from there before finally deciding. That was how the process went with us.
    You just have to find your reason first why you want this thing.
    Good luck and please keep us updated as I am interested to keep in touch with whoever is accepted into the program.

@lordopg

Awesome – glad to hear.

What is your understanding of how the process works?

Profile photo of Tom017Tom017
    @tom017

Hey Guys for what it is worth – be careful. those ads have been running for months now and he only wanted 16 people to be on board and i know of seven people who have been accepted so i think it is just to get you in and sell some properties. He is looking at musswelbrook in the Hunter valley and the new off the plan homes are over priced. You can buy in the same development with the same houses and builder for a lot less.

He does seem genuine when you talk to him but i just question the whole millionaire apprentice scheme. I think the hunter region has a lot of merit but you just need to do your home work on value and not just take his word for it.

Good luck!!

@lordopg

Just got off the phone from speaking with Stephen.
    He seemed genuine.

Need to speak with my partner then organise an in-person meeting with Stephen.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.