All Topics / Creative Investing / Construction loan question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

hi all,

I got chatting with a mate at work who is building his ppor. They took out a construction loan to cover the building costs. We came up with a question that has probably been asked a few times before.

Could you pay the construction costs on a credit card @ 60days interest free. Then cover the credit card bill with the construction loan funds 59 days later? effectively saving you 2 months worth of interest on the loan. Is this even possible/legal/worthwhile? Also how would this differ for ppor vs ip?

Cheers

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Simple answer- no you can’t….

You can’t use credit to pay for credit- The credit card company don’t care! but they will chagre you interest on it from day ONE ( it’s not interest free!! as it’s a cash in advance…not a “purchase”) …the bank however will not lend you the money if you used credit to pay for credit + the bank always write out a cheque to the BUILDER for the construction loans ( fund’s controlled)

P.s you could use credit card to pay for another expenses on this PPOR or IP….

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.