All Topics / Heads Up! / Value.able Recommendation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of beaubeau
    Participant
    @beau

Hey all I'm relativity new here and I have just been reading some interesting posts.
    I realise this is a property investment forum but I just wanted to highly recommend the stock market book Value.Able by Roger Montgomery.

If you are a heavy investment book reader like me you would have noticed that amoung the few very helpful books are a myriad of useless ones. After ALOT of reading so far I can say Robert Kiyosaki (general), Steve McKnight (property) and the above mentioned (on value investing in stocks) are about the most helpful and eye opening I have ever read. If you are invested in the wonderful world of property and  the volatile world of stocks this is a great book to read. It teaches you how to turn off the noise of the market and how to buy businesses that are worth far more than the market realises (It actually gives you a commonsense valueing method too). It struck me as a very similar investment strategy to looking for a viable property to purchase! I guess good investment sense knows no investment category bounds :-)

Hope this helps everyone and may your investments grow!

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Thanks for sharing Beau. I must admit though – it always looks a tad suss when someone's first post is related to a product. This may or may not be your intention but I'm sure I'm not the only one that perceives this.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of beaubeau
    Participant
    @beau

I can see how it could look that way never fear I'm into other posts now ;-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.