All Topics / Help Needed! / Easements/Covenant “plans”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mg310mg310
    @mg310

Hi all,

We are looking at purchasing our first investment property very soon. We are looking in an area that is currently undergoing a bit of a makeover and lots of the properties are on large blocks. Consequently, we are looking at purchasing with a view to develop/subdivide in a few years time.

I'm curious where (if?) I get plans of the property that shows easements/covenants so that I can determine whether building would be straight forward or not.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi,

Any surveyor can do a search of your property which will bring up any previous changes along with the current plan and any easements. A record of property information in the last 120 days will also come up in the search.

Regards,
    Ashley Stacey

Profile photo of mg310mg310
    @mg310

thanks Ashley, whats the price range I can expect to pay for this sort of info?

Cheers

Marcus

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Marcus,

For that information I charge clients a fee of $50. This includes:

Title History
    Title Diagram (shows easements etc.)
    Any relevant survey plans to your block
    Any other information relating to the site that comes up with the search.

Cheers,
    Ashley

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

I would start by having a look at the Section 32 which you can get from the agent.  This should contain a full recent copy of the title and plan of subdivision.  This should show if there are any covenants on the title or restrictions/easements on the plan of subdivision.

Regards,

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi mg310,

If you based in Queensland (or anywhere that matter of fact) and you are serious about a particular property you could ask the selling real estate agent to do an RP Data report on the mapping section. Through the report, you can select from the menu to highlight any easements on the block. However, I would still get the relevant searches done during the conveyancing process. If you are based in Queensland, just do a Google search using the term "PD Online" (PD stands for Planning and Development) and also tighten the relevant council. You should see a menu option that allows you to do a property enquiry where you type in the address of the property and that will indicate to you anything affecting the property in relation to zoning and constraints. It will also provide any applications on the property. And if you don't know anything in that report, we normally ring the council (Planning and Development) and ask them to clarify what things mean.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Profile photo of mg310mg310
    @mg310

thats great, thanks for all the advice!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.